T.I. Probation Violation? Tell It to the Judge

9/16/2010 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. got word today that he needs to get his butt in front of a federal judge in Atlanta to explain why his probation should not be revoked after his L.A. drug bust.

0916_TI_BN_TMZ
A federal judge signed a summons today for the rapper -- real name Clifford Harris Jr. -- to appear in court. As TMZ first reported, Harris and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle were arrested earlier this month on the Sunset Strip for felony possession of a controlled substance.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, T.I.'s probation officer also signed the summons and listed three possible violations: possession, testing positive for opiates, and association with a felon.

T.I. could be sent back to prison because he's still on federal probation for his 2009 gun possession conviction.

T.I.'s longtime attorney Dwight Thomas tells TMZ no date has been set for the hearing, but when it goes down T.I.'s legal team "will have an opportunity to present mitigating evidence or arguments on T.I.'s behalf."

Steelers suck

He'll be just like all the rest out there in Hollywood. He'll flash some cash and get another slap on the wrist. Call Lindsay and ask her how much it cost her to basically get out of everything. She should know the running price. doesn't matter, if you're "famous" for whatever, and most of these people are famous for nothing, you can get off in California. Just tell them you're a celebrity!!

Stupid People Hater

Enjoy a little more time behind bars you worthless piece of **** to society.

RealityBites

Gee my neighbor has been busted over and over for selling drugs and having guns and his ass is back out again. I just don't get our laws that let people repeat offenses and let them out again.

pray

His wife is not a convicted felon,the felon is actually one of his homeboys that were riding with them. smh

rolex

Well it couldnt happen to a nicer person... hopo you enjoy your stay in prison T.I.

Guests

What a moron. He deserves to go to prison and stay there for a while. Perhaps some real time behind bars will teach him a lesson, although he's obviously not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

dakoda

TI, you ****ED UP man. I belived in you when you were sayin all the bull**** bout gettin ur life together. back to the slammer bro. what a shame! btw, Tiny is not a felon, the dude ridin in the back was.

Big Mamma Cornbread

WHY..COUGH SYRUP..YOUR ELDER WIFE ..WHY DID I GET MARRIED PART 3

Big Mamma Cornbread

NOW IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER SHE SHOULD AT HER AGE W/ KIDS AND A NEW MARRIAGE ..LEAN...TRY .99 CENT NIGHT TIME..OLD EIGHT BALL ..U WOULD NOT HAVE CAUGHT A CASE OF THE OMGOODNESS...NO RESPECT AT ALL. THAT'S A NON EDUCATED THING TO DO. KEEP A CLEAR MIND..AND GET THIS DONE SAFE AND SANE.DO NOT DRAG EACH OTHER THROUGH HELL.GOSH...GIVE A *** A BREAK AND THEY FALL ASLEEP BEHIND THE WHEEL...DAMN DRUGS....

acena

Who and what is a T.I and Tiny? Besides being a drug abuser he is what? Another fake musician aka rapper? Unknown garbage tv person? Another unnoticed,unwanted and talentless "actor?"

Dee

Contrary to some of the opinions posted, T.I. is a very talented rapper. I think the biggest lesson to be learned is that it doesn't matter how much money you have, if you naturally don't use good judgement then you will continue to land yourself in probmatic situations.

Honestly to tell you the truth, I feel sorry for him. It's unfortunate that some one with so much status and talent will somehow still want to make wrong decisions in life.

I am further disappointed in his wife who should have always made sure he keep his head straight and together. She is older and therefore should definitely have been the more mature adult. THey probably should have been home in bed with their children anyway instead of partying like teenagers.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2