Cinnabun Toughens Up for Texas -- Too Tough?

9/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James' beloved sidekick Cinnabun is getting ready to join Jesse at his new home in Texas ... but first she needs to get strong enough for the big move.

You may remember Cinnabun went through a whole ordeal earlier this year when she went missing -- and returned 23 pounds lighter. Jesse's prized pit bull is working on getting stronger -- pretty clear from the video.

Some dog people will tell you ... this type of "exercise" is SOP for pit bulls -- others say it's inhumane and dangerous.

JLS

This is unwise for ANY breed of dog! Lifting them by their teeth is just horrific. It can dislodge their teeth from their jaw, infection can occur in their jaw or worse they can drop after their teeth break and break legs. I noticed this is NOT JESSE in the photo. I hope he would call this man and tell him you don't need to do this kind of thing to make a dog strong for a road trip. It's absurd and cruel.

Absurdity

For goodness sakes people....my son has two pitbulls that are as chill as they come....and my little Jack Russell loves playing just like this!!!! Does it make her vicious when the only difference is she weighs 13 pounds as opposed to 60? My Jack actually overruns and rules the two Pits!! A dog is a biproduct of their owner. Don't throw all of them in the same basket.

gill

This is disturbing to watch. There ia reason the poor dog ran away TWICE! Can someone get the guy from Pit Boss to comment on this please? He would be the go to person.

paula miller

bollocks to all ye sterotyping nay sayers. how the hell does an animal get labeled to an ethnicity? educate yourselves properly. pooch is playing! any domesticated pet properly trained and monitored can lead a fulfilling relationship w/its owner. lazy bafoons whom have pets and dont train, nurture, etc. can expect an unruly animal, the color of their humans skin does not factor! idiots run amok in any and ALL races. this dog is having a blast. give it a rest.

kat

whats wrong with what??? the dog was not hurt.

Frank

White trash and thugs defending pitbulls. This video is sickening. Jesse James is a pig. What was Sandra Bullock thinking?

S

Dogs are stupid, why humans have some emotional need to own them in the first place is beyond, me, What Ur girlfriend doesn't love U enough, your mom, your boyfriend. How pathetic in the first place that humans have to own them, a total waste of time and money and life. But pit bulls are bread attack dogs, they really have no place in the home or the street or anywhere around humans, not because I care about humanity but its not fair for that type of dog to be housed or on a lease. Now In the course of my career as a film maker I have filmed white trash, red neck, gun luvin, with proud to be 'amarcian' stickers on their 57 ford pic ups, and that picture I have seen a 100 times, when training dogs to fight. JJ truly is a white trash looser.

Lib

Though I do not agree with rough styles of play for certain dogs - these guys are not training this dog for anything! They were simply playing. I did go and view the original video on Youtube (as suggested by another poster here). No commands, nothing in the video that indicates they are training this dog to be aggressive! They are simply horsing around and having fun! Shame on TMZ. So many dog breeds get a bad name and are struggling to find homes and survive because of ignorance and misinformation. Shameful that TMZ would contribute to this.

Miss Ivy

I have never owned a pitbull but I have had dogs my entire life. Two have played like this. One was a terrier lab mix who is gone now (passed away a few years ago) and the other is my 2 year old dauchshound. She likes to hold onto her toys and be pulled around while she lays on her tummy and if you lift up the toy, she will continue to hang on, even getting to the point like shown in the picture of Jesse and Cinnabon. Some dogs just like to play like this.

TC

Yeah then when the dog locks its jaws like that on a target...totally wrong training for this dog. Sad thing is, the dogs are the ones that end up paying and getting put down because of their stupid owners.

Nunya

#74.. YOU ARE AN UNEDUCATED, BIASED, BIGOT LOSER

caitlin

and Educate yourselves, there is no such thing as "jaw locking".

Nunya

#77 AND ALL OF YOU SO CALLED "EXPERTS" GET A BOOK ON THE BREED AND YOU WILL SEE THIS EXERCISE FOR THIS TYPE OF DOG... HENCE THE NAME WORKING CLASS BREED... MY PITBULL, MY BROTHERS, AND MY UNCLES ALL DO THIS ON THEIR OWN... HELL, I'VE SEEN MINE JUMP AND GRAB LOW HANGING TREE BRANCHES JUST TO HANG THERE....AND BEFORE ANYONE JUDGES US MYSELF, MY BROTHER AND UNCLE ALL HAVE COLLEGE EDUCATIONS AND WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND UPPER MANAGEMENT....GET YOURSELF A FILTHY CAT THAT PLAYS IN A LITTER BOX FULL OF FECES AND URINE AND THEN WALKS ACROSS YOUR DINING TABLE WHERE YOU EAT.... NICE IMAGE, HUH?

Misty

I own a pit bull and a boxer and we have a rope hanging from our tree in the backyard our dogs love to play with the rope they both grab onto it together and play tug of war hanging its actually very good exercise for them they love it they never fight there very nice dogs I have two children 7 and 4 and one on the way and there great with the kids the rope does not make them mean its just like when people play with there dogs with a rope while there holding it. people need to get there facts straight.

Max

#33, Caitlin.

You're absolutely correct, as are most on here defending their pits. It is the owner not the dog that makes a bad dog. Unfortunately the breed attracts attention from those who would train them to be mean and vicious dogs, more so than other breeds. Same with Rotties though not nearly to the extent. Very sad but true. But a well raised pit bull is indeed a fine, loving and social beast so I can see the attraction to non-thug types.