Cinnabun Toughens Up for Texas -- Too Tough?

9/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James' beloved sidekick Cinnabun is getting ready to join Jesse at his new home in Texas ... but first she needs to get strong enough for the big move.

You may remember Cinnabun went through a whole ordeal earlier this year when she went missing -- and returned 23 pounds lighter. Jesse's prized pit bull is working on getting stronger -- pretty clear from the video.

Some dog people will tell you ... this type of "exercise" is SOP for pit bulls -- others say it's inhumane and dangerous.

Melissa

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? This is how they play!!!!! There is no aggression there!!!

Cheri Haft

I know my sons pitbill loves to hang from ropes. If you surprise him in the yard he will be hanging
or swinging from the rope tied to the tree. I do not see this as aggressive inhumane treatment. He loves it and loves people too!

wow

Pitbulls even turn on their owners sometimes and rightly so!!

upinCanada

I have a 16 year old Neapolitan Mastiff pit bull mix and when he was younger all you had to do was put his favorite chew rope in the tree and as fast as he could that dog would run up the tree and latch on. Apparently impressed with his own jaw strength/power, he would stay latched on and shake it for 20 minutes if we'd let him. For him, this was just another version of how all dogs, especially puppies, like, and actually need, to chew on sticks and things. IT IS CRUEL NOT TO allow the dog to release this energy, go and ask a vet if you're too stupid to believe me. It's in their nature to chew, they evolved those teeth and jaws to take down prey to eat, which they need to replace with chewing on stuff and yes hanging on ropes,(just picture a lion hanging onto the neck of a zebra for half an hour/it's the same thing) owners that are too stupid and ignorant of this fact will pay when their dog destroys your shoes and furniture and house. Anyone trying to dispute this is either a bleeding heart who doesn't know the first thing about dogs ,or is just plain stupid and doesn't deserve a voice in the matter anyways,or ownership of a dog actually. Your opinions don't count so keep them to yourselves.

Amy

My brothers Pit, LOVES this game! They call it "tug". It's not like he's held in the air for hours! Just kind of swung.

upinCanada

upinCanada

Pitbulls even turn on their owners sometimes and rightly so!!

Posted at 1:35 PM on Sep 18, 2010 by wow

Bud you are an idiot, what a pathetic comment......You know dogs pick up on fear and even passive aggressiveness in people, so you should be watchin' your own ass near dogs.

upinCanada

I've read in more than one place that you really shouldn't engage in that kind of play with a pit bull, or any other dog, for that matter. It can make them aggressive.

Posted at 12:50 AM on Sep 18, 2010 by Mayra

Mayra...More than one place did you? name me one place you "read that"? Go and ask a vet what will happen to your shoes, furniture and house if you don't allow your dog to relieve it's natural tendency to chew on things or play tug of war. People like you really have to stop making **** up just cuz you think it sounds good in your head, you just end up sounding like an idiot and a liar.

Bosch

Well isn't it special that all the haters here who have never owned or had a fighting dog and done the rehab to make them a well mannered and social dog are saying they should all be shot. Well how about you take one and really learn how they tick and what it takes to be an owner of one that doesn't hurt people and you can tell me they should all be shot dead. I would trust my American Bulldog and my fighting rescue pit over your fluffy foofy dog anyday of the week. I spend hours and hours working with them to make them real dogs. And you know what my pit loves to swing like that, my AB loves tug of war and on command will give up the rope. You get your little foofy dog to listen as well.

Carl

This really isn't a big deal. The dog is free to let go at any time. As long as the dog isn't aggressive to people or dogs there isn't a problem.

Rae

My American Bulldog plays tug with us and at 100 lbs of pure lean muscle when she grabs hold of the tug rope she doesn't let go and we can spin her around and she loves it. Its a big game to her...THE PROBLEM IS THE PEOPLE WHO RAISE PITBULLS & THE OTHER STUPID IDIOTS IN SOCIETY:

1. THE "BAD" PIT BULL & BULLY BREED OWNERS who raise their dogs to be aggressive, nasty, fighting dogs should be shot for taking these loving dogs who want to please and protect their owners and turning them into aggressive killers....

2. THE STUPID IDIOTS IN SOCIETY who do not understand that is NATURE VS. NURTURE where any animal is concerned. ALL PITBULLS are not nasty and all BULLY breeds are not dangerous BUT most people don't understand this. OUR DALMATIANS --- yes cute spotted dalmatians were more aggressive and mean than our BULLDOG or our neighbors pits. ITS ALL ABOUT HOW YOU RAISE THEM. If you do the research and understand the breed you will have a wonderful companion if not there will be problems...

I BELIEVE IN WHAT HARLAN ELLISON SAID THAT "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

Richard

I rescued a pit after finding him on the side of the road, with three other people trying to get him to come. One of the people told me he had been dumped with 2 other pits, one was missing half of it's face, although I never saw them.

I spent two hours trying to get this dog to let me close enough to him to pet him. Not once was I scared about this dog being a pit or whether or not it could maul me. He was scared, he had been abandoned in the middle of nowhere. Just when I was about to give up and head home, I saw a golf ball lying on the ground (oh yeah, we were at a golf course), so I picked it up. Immediately, his head perked up and locked eyes on the ball, so I threw it. He chased after it, and he ran off and I figured I probably blew it. I turned around to walk away and a minute later I heard the ball drop behind me. We've been best friends ever since.

I named him Diesel. He's sweet, loyal, very, very smart and has a heart of gold. He got attacked at the dog park (I later learned pits don't do well at dog parks), and once by another pit that I later discovered had a bad reputation around our neighborhood. But not once has Diesel shown any sign of aggression towards other people or dogs. He loves to bark whenever he sees someone he's never met, but he calms down once he sniffs them and sees they pose no threat. My girlfriend cares for a man with disabilities, and even though he can be rough sometimes, Diesel could care less, they're the best of friends.

I've been bit twice in my life, once by a poodle (bastards) and a golden retriever. A GOLDEN RETRIEVER?? REALLY? Yeah, sunk his teeth right through my jeans and into my hip.

I always have, and always will love pit bulls. I'll never love the deplorable things that owners do to them, those people should be rounded up and shot for doing something like that to a sweet dog.

kickaboo

Cinnabun looks like the pit bull that used to live next door to me..so loved by his "Dad", so beloved by his brother and sister and new "Mom". Be kind to your dogs, check your smoke detectors and practice fire drills. RIP, Doc and to "his family". All 5 of you are missed in that bare spot, next door.

sickofthelies

****SHAME SHAME...TMZ****

TMZ is wording this as training. LIARS This is a west coast choppers LONG time employee and a shop dog (cinnabun) PLAYING. Look at her tail wagging
This is a playful dog. THIS video is not Jesse or anyone at the shop "training" CINNABUN.

WHY put a sick twist on a dog playing? Someone at TMZ hates dogs?
look up popeofwelding on you tube. Jesse takes another shop dog for a ride. His burger joint is named after his dog. A Long Beach vet called Jesse to help with a special needs dog a few years ago.
YES TMZ, the two legged and three legged dogs Jesse's Ex-wife Sandra has. Came to Jesse's home because of his well known love and great care for dogs is his community.

Cinnabun is a "runner" she got out a few times. Jesse James and anyone at West Coast Choppers are true dog lovers.
*** SHAME ON YOU TMZ***
#1 You stole this "exclusive" video.
Look at "popeofwelding" on youtube. It's Jesse's and this is his dog playing.

STOP stalking People's Kids TMZ

Ask Jesse's Ex-wife Sandra how She feels about Jesse, West Coast Choppers employee treating all the dogs.

nisiek

well, I lost 8 ducks, and one kitten to the neighbor's pit bull, never hated them hate what people, like Jesse, do to them. Jesse sure is white trash...and what is weird is Kat is Argentinian...and born in Mexico?? I thought he is a big nazi racist...Jesse everything about you sucks..and how you are taking a sweet gentle dog and trying to toughen her up is disgusting.