Russell Brand's Secret Weapon -- Katy Perry's Skirt

9/18/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry isn't making it up ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ  Russell Brand told LAX cops immediately after he attacked paparazzi that he did it because a photog was trying to shoot up his fiancée's skirt.

0917_russell_brand_tmz_EX

As we first reported, Brand and Perry were going through Delta security when he allegedly attacked photogs. He was arrested for misdemeanor battery.

In addition to telling cops about the upskirt shot, we're told Brand and his lawyer raised the issue at LAPD's Pacific Division, where Brand was booked.

Katy herself tweeted, "If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiancé will do his job & protect me."

Fun fact ... It's not a legal defense to a battery that someone tried to shoot up your girlfriend's dress.  But prosecutors know any jury would be extremely sympathetic to a celeb under these circumstances and venomous toward the paparazzi.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ChillzReborn

Good for you Russell. Good to hear stars are still human.

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

Is this the same Katy Perry who recently performed in her underwear in front of underage kids her former high school?

Enough

Sorry, don't buy it. There was nothing in any of the videos indicating this to be true. I'm sure one or both of them were on the phone immediately to their attorneys and were instructed to go with the underskirt shot ploy. Have the paps done it before? Sure. But, if you look at the videos, Brand pushed cameras thet were, at least, chest or face high. Brand and Perry are, unjustifiably, too full of themselves. Sooner or later, somebody's going to push back.

awards

There is no market for the fat ass Katy shot, even Russell doesn't look! Charge, sentence and deport this a-hole and put him on the no fly list.

me

Wouldn't take much to get a photo up her skirt. Dress was almost to her behind.

Bubbles The Chimp

He is just trying to save his ass from not being banned from America. If they see it as a felony he won't be coming to USA anymore. He wants a misdemeanour.

Deedee

Geez, just go to Drunkenstepfather.com, there are upskirt shots of Katy Perry.
WHY anyone wants to see her crappy crotch (especially one infested by Russell Brand) is beyond me.

And to post #3, I DO believe it was Katy Perry who performed in her skivvies to underage kids at their school!

John

Story is full of ****.... he took off and attacked paps who were not even close to her... all the videos of this show no one near her skirt...

they can win because they cant even go to the jury with up the skirt unless they can prove it.

Got to love the TMZ staffers who play lawyer...

ray

Russell and STAR in the same sentence. Who is this ass-monkey...please go home

Jon

I am calling BS on it, but if its true then I can't blame him. I would have done the same unless I was going to get some of the money for the sale of the photo :) But really if the guy really did try to pop off a shot of her snatch then he should of had the bullshi* beat out of him.

nemo

He was protecting her honor! Oh wait! She has none.

Clint

I, totally, believe the "up the dress" shot. Brand and Perry do not strike me as the type to lie and fly off in a violent rage. Some may think them to be odd but I don't think they are liars.

justsaying

He did what he had to do. I'm on his side and if I were on the jury..............he'd walk.

meemee2

THIS GUY IS A LOOSE CANON. His rants about how OUR country should be run are not forgotten. He is a loud mouth and a trouble maker that got lucky. They both belong across the pond, and should stay there.

Kevin N.

Almost EVERYBODY responding to this story sounds like a member of the paparazzi !!!! I'm calling BS on the feedback !!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments