The Quaids: We're Victims of a Corpse Conspiracy

9/21/2010 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy and Evi Quaid claim they've been targeted in a diabolical scheme to steal property that rightfully belongs to them ... and they insist the mastermind is using a dead person to carry out the plot.

0920_quaids_mantle_EX_TMZ
Long story short -- the Quaids tell TMZ someone forged the signature of a dead woman named Ronda Quaid on a legal document back in 1992 ... and wrongfully transferred ownership of their house to a third party.

As we previously reported, the Quaids were arrested this past weekend -- for allegedly squatting on the property, located in Santa Barbara.

But the Quaids believe they had every right to be on the property ... and insist they can provide proof of the "dead person" scheme.

Evi says they showed up to the house this past weekend to simply perform two decades worth of cleanup and maintenance ... and also to hang a self-portrait (pictured above) over the fireplace.

092010_randy_quaidWe ran into Randy in L.A. yesterday, where he told us he's ready to fight it out in court, saying, "If you don't stick up for what's yours, and defend what's yours ... what are you?"

Good question.

Sean

Cousin Eddie rocks!!!!Clark help them out for god sakes.

Politico Pablo

Guess they where a "no show" at yesterday's live interview, what a big surprise.

Who the hell is Ronda? And what's she got to do with selling his home. He's must have a delusional disorder.

Hey Now

Sure, that's a believable story. And they didn't hire a lawyer and go to court because.....

John Stone

Walking, talking idiots.

Steve

Randy Quaid is a fine actor who is obviously having some mental problems. He should not be called names.

G

****TER WAS FULL!

MB

LMAO @ the last comment! Exactly what I was thinking!

addy

Taking the title at face value... it sounds about right.

michaela

Hm....there is no dead woman named Rhonda Quaid.

I can only find one Rhonda Quaid in the U.S. , in Santa Inez, CA.
She's the daughter of W.H.Sallmen and doesn't seem to be related to these Quaids.

There is no record int he social security death index of any Rhonda Quaid having died.

Shaun

#43 maybe if you searched the right name it would help...OR...maybe if you don't search it would help us all because its a bit insane too go searching for names...are you an attorney with the case or something? Or are you just taking matters into ur own hands erin brockavich?

Jody

What happened to the Quaids giving an exclusive interview to TMZ? Kind of stupid of TMZ to announce such an interview before the two whackos actually showed up.

You walked right into that one TMZ.

Shaun

I think a better question would be...WHY DIDNT TMZ JUST ASK THEM...point blank...ARE YOU ON FRICKIN DRUGS...and why doesn't TMZZZZ get some frickin better "reporters"?

michaela

# 45. One of my businesses involves searching for missing people and I have all the tools and search engines that I need to look for present and past information.

I'm not saying, that what I wrote is 100% foolproof, but none of my search engines, looking at present or past 100 year or so info, comes up with any Rhonda Quaid other than the one mentioned.
Yes, there can be typos in old do***ents and death indexes etc.

Gabe

long but worth a read. official complaint http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/randyquaid.pdf

michaela

I stand corrected in that I searched for a Rhonda, when this article mentions Ronda. But when I repeated the search for Ronda, I also came up with the same person that has her name spelled both ways. She lived in Santa Inez/Santa Barbara and I see no mention in her obituary as being related to Randy or Dennis Quaid.

In her birth certificate her name is spelled as Rhonda.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments