'Idol' Judge Steven Tyler

Aerosmith Jealous of Me

9/22/2010 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler claims his Aerosmith bandmates were "jealous" when he became an "American Idol" judge ... interesting, considering Joe Perry recently slammed Tyler for getting involved with the show.

092210_steven_tyler_video
Tyler explained the band's ongoing beef today after his long-awaited "Idol" unveiling -- but added that when push comes to shove, "I'm sure they're real happy for me."

Sure they are.

0922_idol_footer

Just The Fax

WHY IS J-LO TRYING TO LOOK LIKE PAULA?

Birdsht

Holy dooshbag I cant even stand to see or hear him through an entire web clip. They are imploding their own show end of story. This has to be the end of the line for idol.

CriticAl

Aerosmith ought to can him and get back to playing rock music, rather than pop ballads. He's doing solo material and this stupid gig, so it's clear he doesn't want to be in the band anymore.

girlnamedsue

This is the end of idol....Steven Tyler needs to get a hobby, his heyday is long over. Lay off of the plastic surgery dude...
As far as Jennifer Lopez, please......washed up and also over.

RollieB

having Steven Tyler as a American Idol judge makes about as much sense as having stephen Hawking as a judge on "So you Think you can dance". what is he 70? like what does he know about todays music?

Prancy

Tyler's beef with his band has really gotten old. I'm really not interesting in hearing about how jealous they are of him. And I can't stand Lopez. I now have two BIG reasons to not watch Idol anymore. I'm done.

iamsuperdan

Steven is kind of being a sheethead about this. Here he is, touring in a successful band that's having a bit of a resurgence in popularity, and now he wants to take a year off to judge a karaoke contest. And let's be honest, how many more years does Aerosmith have as a touring band? They're all in their 60s now, they won't be able to do this much longer.

The rest of the band should dump him, find a new singer and go one with their lives.

kali

Steven, you are a better guy than that.

brian

Aerosmith is my favorite band. I dispise this show. Steven this show is beneath you!

schmuck

Years ago I'd have thought Aerosmith was nothing without Tyler. But now that Tyler looks and dresses like my grandma, I think they should replace him with a younger lead, or just break up this old band altogether.

Taylor Dadson

The only good thing Tyler has done is "I dont Wanna Miss a Thing" and oh yeah.. Liv Tyler.

stonermoog

honestly i can't think of two people i would rather NOT watch on television more than this old fart and that stone-cold b1tch, jennifer lopez. two of the most stuck-up, head up their butt, WAY past their prime douchebags EVER.
i'll definitely NOT be watching this season. american idol is OVER. this is just pathetic.

Msmassflex

Team Joe Perry

Chia

God he's pathetic. At least Joe Perry has talent and not a douche.

M.

Team Joe Perry all the way. I used to dig Steven Tyler but as time has gone on he really seems to be an ASS. with the whole thing about leaving the band then taking leagal action to stop them from replacing them. It's like he dosn't want to be in the band bu he dosn't to NOT be in the band. My advice to Joe...REPLACE HIM!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments