'Cape Fear' Actress -- 'Mentally Ill' Woman Is After Me!

9/27/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Illeana Douglas says she's living a "Cape Fear"-esque nightmare -- because the actress claims a "mentally ill" person who was just released from the slammer is trying to hunt her down.

0924_illeana_douglas_EX_Getty_01
Douglas filed for a temporary restraining order against her co-worker's wife -- who Douglas claims was recently arrested for beating her hubby "with a baseball bat, a chair, [and] a mallet."

In the docs, Douglas says the woman is "mentally ill" and mistakenly believes, "I am the reason she was arrested" -- and has vowed since her release from the slammer to "spend the rest of her life 'getting me.'"

Douglas claims in the docs, filed on Thursday in L.A. County Superior Court, that the woman has threatened to "burn my house down" and even ruin her career -- and has also threatened her mother and co-workers.

Douglas wants the judge to order the woman to stay at least 500 yards away from her.

Phil

Is it Lindsay Lohan?

Sam

WTF???i want more Lindsay lohan news,screw this chick

Sam

WTF??I want more Lindsay news!!!not this insane chick!!!

TC

Not that Ms. Douglas would waste her time reading TMZ comments regarding such a scary and dangerous matter (no offense, TMZ), but I hope she is aware that regardless of the ridiculous commentary above, people are concerned for her well being and look forward to reading that she gets the proper support and protection she needs. This is a terrifying reality and I wish her and her family the best.

James

You gone learn about loss.

JayVegas

Actually Illeana Douglas has more talent in her elbow than the entire Lohan family. Hopefully, this turns out right.

katie

I hadn't thought about this woman in a long time but I think she's a cool and talented woman. This is not exactly a good story but FINALLY the people at TMZ are putting up something other than Mel and Lindsay. Hooray!

Sin D

Yea I agree...The Mel story is REALLY GETTING OLD...sorta like Vannessa Williams...did you see her on Desperate Houswives Sunday night? GUUUUUUURL...leave your hair DOWN..DO NOT pull it back....WoooooWeeeee!

Slutty Whores Rock

NOTE TO TMZ EDITORS:
The term "mentally ill woman" is superfluous and redundant.
100% of women are mentally ill, it goes without saying.

Slutty Whores Rock

She was great at the end of "To Die For" - skating on the ice over nicole kidman's frozen corpse.
Skater chicks always have tight fun-zones.

CHOW

Hi, allow me invite you to my community: cougarster.com (where cougars and young men find love). different kinds of cougars taste differnt

ERock

I met her a couple of times 7 or 8 years ago during the Savannah Film fest and found her to be one of the most down to earth, "real", and genuine people you'd ever want to meet. So it is sad to hear that she's having trouble with this wacko. I barely knew who she was when we met, but she seemed like one hell of a cool girl. More art than glam, and I respect that a lot.

Mitch

Will the real Max Cady please stand up? Where's Mitchum when you need him?

THIN LIZZY

She's a great actress. She kicked ass in Grace of my Heart.