'Apprentice' Chef to Stranger: Found Your BlackBerry!

9/29/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's happened to everyone -- leaving valuables in a taxi cab, never to be seen again -- but thanks to "Celebrity Apprentice" chef Curtis Stone ... this story about lost necessities has a happy ending.

0928_curtis_stone_phone_EX
TMZ has learned Stone came to the rescue of a forgetful taxi passenger named Mark this weekend -- after the guy left his cell phone in a New York City cab.

Mark tells TMZ Stone found his phone in the cab, got in touch with him, and set up a meeting at JFK airport -- but Stone never revealed his identity.

Mark says despite the fact he was 30 minutes late -- jeopardizing Stone catching his own flight -- the chef was still there waiting with "a smile on his face."

Mark -- a big "Apprentice" fan -- says it took him a second to recognize Stone ... and when he asked Stone if he was "the guy from TV" he just said, "Gotta catch my flight" and then took off.

Curtis ... You're hired.

stinky mcgee

You need a Postings Czar. Really.

Kar

He is not only hot, he is a good guy too.

Blue Craze

Luckily it wasn't that Hell's Kitchen guy; he would have beaned him with the Blackberry and called him a "stupid cow".

Sandie

Curtis is a true Aussie gentleman :)

Kelly

How refreshing to read about a genuine act of kindness toward another!

adele

Aww how sweet! And I like his cookware as well

Robert

I work in a club in Hollywood and this guy is not a nice guy. He by far is the rudest celebrity I have met to date.

Joao

Silly crap aside... the Mark person who lost his Blackberry, appears to be pretty self-absorbed to subject a person to waiting on HIM for over 30 minutes. I don't care what his excuse is, if he had a flight, court appearance, or was on a time clock he would have been on time... the guy is an ass.

buxxy

He comes across as a nice guy to me as well. I tried to find some kind of weirdness about him but haven't so far. I think he is a doll....I hope I'm right.

Mel

that was super nice of him. but TMZ u should give NYC cab drivers more credit. i forgot my wallet in a cab once and the cabbie mailed it to me w/ all money still inside. same exact thing happened to my friend, the guy mailed her back her wallet and her cell phone which is a pretty heavy package since she has a droid.

moveover

Curtis is, or at least seems to be, pure class. I wish there were more people like him on TV these days, instead of constantly seeing bad behavior rewarded by a bunch of overpaid, spoiled brats.

Jeepers

OMG, I already thought he was hot...but now...whew. It's so refreshing to know there are people like that out there.

Vickie

I met him once volunteering and he seemed pretty nice, but my friends were his assistants for the day and they said that he's rude and mean.

Barbalicious

HOT!!!

o rly

That picture isn't of a BlackBerry.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments