Mel Gibson --

Domestic Violence

Not on His Mind

9/28/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson and his legal team were not trying to suppress evidence of domestic violence when they agreed to pay Oksana Grigorieva and Lucia approximately $15 million in return for the destruction of "evidence" -- they were trying to prevent the destruction of Gibson's image  ... sources connected with the mediation tell TMZ.

0719_Oksana_Mel_getty_ex_03
Oksana's current legal team claims the mediation agreement is not binding because lawyers cannot agree to destroy evidence of a crime.

But here's the rub: Sources tell us the photograph of Oksana -- showing what appears to be either teeth or veneers missing -- was not part of the deal.

Sources tell us Mel and his lawyers never thought domestic violence was even an issue.  As we first reported ... Mel's team claims Oksana and her lawyer made it clear -- the $15 million was a payout to keep the racial and other disgusting remarks Mel made on the tapes secret forever.

We've learned Oksana's lawyer said in the mediation that photographs of Oksana's mouth existed, but when it came time to define "evidence" that would be destroyed, the photos were not included. So the argument goes ... if Mel was trying to destroy evidence of domestic violence, why didn't he demand Oksana hand over the photos?

garnet

here you go

top photo is from the before shot in a veneer ad found online
middle photo is Oksana's ROL broken teeth photo
third photo are the two photos combined

(Conspiracy theory number 45)

Sorntolc

Many have claimed, that a strike resulting in broken teeth cannot leave the rest of the mouthpice so intact as on the photo.

It can, I know, cause I've tried it myself. Once I was hit right on my mouth by a communist policeman (in Yogoslavia) & one of my front teeth broke, probably by crashing against another. There were absolutely no other visible traces on my lips, only a senseless feeling & a little blood inside my mouth.

Still, of course the pictures could relate to another episode & we don't know if this can be checked?

Sorntolc

sorntolc

"Sources tell us Mel and his lawyers never thought domestic violence was even an issue"
They were not aware of ny domestic violence. It did not imply that they knew utu shrugged it off as a non-issue.

Posted at 1:36 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by Ray

If they were not aware, how comes then:

Maya

Posted at 1:40 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by Sorntolc

You are so full of crap, it is nauseating.

Ray

That is simple Sorn. The lawyers were not there to commit a crime by paying off "evidence". They were there to get the tapes of swear words and nothing else.

garnet

- because she had a teeth problems from natural causes?
- because she wanted new veneers so had photos taken?

so Mel was aware veneer-less mouth photos existed but not from DV and so accusations of DV was the furthest thing from Mel's mind.

Ray

When a person is hit in the mouth it causes swelling to the lips and gums. I have dealt with this type of blow. It is nearly impossible to hit just the tooth.

garnet

wow sorry, lots of wrong grammar in my post

edited

- because she had teeth problems from natural causes?
- because she wanted new veneers so dentist took photos?

so Mel was aware that photos of veneer-less mouth existed but not from dv and so accusation of dv was the furthest thing from Mel's mind.

Stacy

unless ... there was a photo of Oksana who as a supermodel posed for an ad for teeth veneers. So she had "before and after" photos.
Now she's using the before photo as evidence.
A friendly dentist fits in there somewhere.

Posted at 1:25 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by garnet
--------------------------------------------------------------
Supermodel ? Oksana was never a "supermodel", a supermodel is a top model who's on every magazine cover, Vogue, Elle, Cosmo and has multi-million dollar contracts.
I've never heard of Oksana having any modeling contracts at all. Getting a friend to take a photo of you in your underwear doesn't make you a supermodel.

Maya

Posted at 1:54 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by Ray

That is right. Mr. Gibson was quoted as saying in another article that there was some contact but this was to prevent Grigorieva from scaring the baby. There was no domestic violence. That is why they never thought the photo of the veneer stuff was important. Being punched by Mr. Gibson in the mouth would have created a lot more injuries. Their not asking for the photo of the veneer proves they knew there was no domestic violence. This woman belongs in jail.

igotfleasfromtmz

Posted at 2:00 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by Stacy
You know the russian supermodels that are for sale to men

txcn

If they were not aware, how comes then:

Posted at 1:44 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by Sorntolc

so she could use them at a later date to get more money out of him?
So she could use them as proof they tried to destroy evidence at the mediation?

garnet

@Stacy
:-D I was making fun of her claim as a supermodel. I just read an article where she claimed she was an international supermodel, concert pianist etc - I think something about suing the photographer who released photos of her in some pink sexy clothes
she's definitely got tickets on herself.

Jack Cook

Super Gold Digging Russian Skank pig is much more fitting than Super Model. What an embarrassment to all the real and decent women of the world

Sorntolc

You are so full of crap, it is nauseating.

Posted at 1:50 AM on Sep 28, 2010 by Maya

You are the definite cause of you own pain. Why not try to be constuctive instead of spreading sh*t?

You sh*t on me, I sh*t on you, no big deal anyway.