Ralphie May -- 'Stupid' to Pet Drug-Sniffing Dogs

10/4/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ralphie May is an "idiot" -- his word, not ours -- because he got caught carrying pot through customs in Guam ... after he approached a drug-sniffing dog because he thought it was cute.

1003_ralphie_may_tmz_getty
May was busted for weed last week, but only had to pay a small fine because he was carrying less than an ounce. The comedian tells us he didn't realize the pot was in his bag when, on his way through customs, he went up to the dog and started petting it.

May, who has a medical marijuana card, explains: "When I got to baggage claim, I actually walked up to the dog. I love dogs and petted Nickey, the beautiful shepherd mix, and she sat down. That indicates to the handler that I had marijuana on me. I didn't know that, I just thought that dog loved me. Then another dog came over and it sat down as well and I petted that dog too. I was thinking these dogs love me they can tell I'm a dog person."

May dealt with some very nice customs agents and he explained the mix-up. May says, "The customs agents said they knew I didn't mean to smuggle drugs into Guam cause no drug smuggler would be stupid enough to walk up to the dogs and pet them."

dan rafeal espn boxing

He's Fat. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

JLS

Honestly dude, you were trying to pet a working drug sniffing dog? WTF? Really? Musta been high.

Swinson

CHange "pet" to "eat" and you have the real story.

Jeffro

AND YOU'RE A FKN IDIOT DAN RAFEAL. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Buckeye

Well that explains why he's a lardass. Permanent munchies.

9inch

And this weeks D-Bag Award goes to...

Fat boy walks up to a drug dog and pets it. That is funny as hell.

You cant fix stupid.

He should have hid it in his giant ass.

Darvon

"no drug smuggler would be stupid enough to walk up to the dogs and pet them."

Evidently this guy is stupid enough.

scott

You're the dumbest pothead on the planet!
I'm a pothead, and an idiot (sometimes), and this takes the cake!
You're making everybody with a 215 card look as stupid as your fat ass!!! Thanks a lot
VOTE for legalization in november...trust me not everyone with a 215 is as stupid as this moron!

rini6

Give the guy a break. He wasn't thinking.

I'm sure none of you has ever made a stupid mistake.

Breeze

"I was thinking these dogs love me they can tell I'm a dog person."

They could tell you were a bong person!

electriczipper

where can I get one of them cards...

Zippy T. Pinhead

Wow, he's fat and stupid!

beth

I love Ralphie May. You gotta love the story, the dogs just really loved him :-)

sarah

#3 Swinson,
Ph man, I was gonna send that eat the dogs thing in, but got too high and forgot.
good one tho...