CNN Star Injured by Horse ... Of Course, Of Course

10/6/2010 7:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Soledad O'Brien is getting ready to undergo a pretty gnarly surgery on her knee -- after she was thrown from a horse in New York on Sunday.

1006_soledad_obrien_horse_BN

O'Brien tells BV Buzz she was horseback riding with her 2 daughters when her horse "got spooked by another horse and ditched me."

Soledad explained, "I tore absolutely everything in my knee. I am on crutches now and doing physical therapy. I'll have surgery in two weeks when the swelling goes down."

Jon

It could have been worse...She could have been on Parker/Spitzer.

Jen

The horse was sick of her "Black in America" shows on CNN. NEW TOPIC, Solidad!

Sam

Talk about pain...her knee will never be good as new again My sincere sympathy.

Steve

what was she really doing with the horse

zoophilia

julie4evert

This woman CREATES News...she's a total loser!! Too bad she didn't fall on her ass and get a cuncussion! LOL!!

Johnny 5

Wow, ol Soledad ain't so pretty without makeup. Woof woof!

Connie

I enjoy Soledad's reporting. So sorry to hear about this accident. I hope the surgery is successful. Get well soon Soledad!

maria

its because she works for cnn if worked for fox this wouldnt happen!!!!!!

timsami

Hey Soledad..Two requests: Get Well Soon! And come back to morning television on a regular basis a.s.a.p. Stay away from Fox though..they're all blonde bimbo robots with a far right handed script. Boring! I've heard rumors that there could be an opening at NBC with Matt Lauer.

Throwback kid

Which one is the horse?

Sincerity

I'm sorry to hear about her injury. I like horses too but they can be unpredictable at times. I really enjoy her professionalism. I pray that her surgery goes well and she makes a swift recovery.

Muppet

Wow I can't believe everyone is turning an accident this woman had falling off a horse into a race issue. That's just sad.

cocoapuff

Things could have been worse, it's good she is ok. She is one of the VERY best news people CNN has. Good Luck to her.

frankie

I wonder if the horse was white , If so it will be called a racist horse . I have never seen this women talk about anything but race ,as soon as I see her face I change the channel. Every story she has ever done always in the end she spins it to blame whites.She is a joke .but I hope she is ok from a white man .

DON4772

OK I give up -which one is the horse.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments