Katherine & Joe Jackson Do 'Oprah'

10/11/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine and Joe Jackson sat down with Oprah Winfrey this weekend to tape a segment for O's show ... and TMZ has the first photos.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
As we first reported, production trucks for Oprah's show were parked outside the Jackson compound in Encino for the better part of Saturday. In the photos, Oprah can be seen meeting with several family members and getting the tour of the house.

We're told the interview focused heavily on Michael Jackson (duh) -- talking about his life, his kids and the book Katherine put together about his life.

No word yet on when the episode will air.

Femme

Katherine is a wicked liar and greedy! It tramples on the image of MJ to profit from it!

Compare the conflicting statements she gave in an interview with Dataline, in June 2010, and the lawsuit against the AEG:

Informed by the AP:
"The demand for Katherine Jackson considers the group responsible for medical decisions AEG Murray. Michael Jackson is described as "lost, scared, memory lapses, obsessive and misguided" in the months before his death."

Now, look what she said in interview "Michael Jackson: A Mother's Story", in Dateline, June 2010:

"KATHERINE JACKSON: The last time I saw Michael before he passed away was about a week and a half… and I had gone to visit him. The children were there, we talked, we played around and had fun together. And Michael even showed me a movie, cause he had a new instrument there. It was really nice, he just played on the bedroom wall. And that was the last time I can remember seeing my son alive.

Since then, Katherine has tried to remember her son in his happier times.

KATHERINE JACKSON: I never looked at him after he passed. I—I don’t like doing that. I wanted to remember him smiling and laughing and having a good time the last time I saw him."

DISGUST this viper!

DonnaLynn125

Chris sorry but I cannot agree with you about LMP. The way she spoke and acted on numerous talk shows about Michael was disgraceful. IF she really had any respect for Michael why would she answer and act the way she did. Remember this was not done only one time but numerous. LMP and her mother should be ashamed of themselves. Cold self involved heartless souls unlike MJ.

sofi

Thoswhodonttalk you couldn't have said it better.

sofi

Femme i agree with you.
She also said she didn't see This is it because it was "painful" for her,when the casket with Michael's body entered the Mausoleum she turned around and left,oh the horror!!!!
Please allow me to add at the bashir do***etary(THE FOOTAGE WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO SEE)she said that j never hit Michael just "disciplined" him making Michael a liar.
What a mother!!!

BrAnBa

To all of the people with negative comments towards the Jackson family:

What would Mike think if he heard your thoughts or read your statements regarding the people he loved? How dare any of you say ANYTHING regarding his family? How dare any of you say ANYTHING about Lisa Presley (remember, he didn't even want to hurt her feelings)? So, think about it....because you believe he is deceased, this gives you a free pass to "trash" the people in his life? So, unless you were ever invited to his birthday or funeral.....maybe you should just keep your "OPINIONS" of MJ's loved ones alone :)

Much Love,
Chris in Indy
-----------

Chris, did you not hear the tapes that surfaced after Michael´s death? He said what he thought about his family. And those words were NOT kind - not even about his mother.

There is a reason why he wanted to break loose.

TXluvsMJ2

I agree with Cindy in Indy. So many of you act like you know how Michael felt about his family, or know why his family does the things they do.

I have loved Michael for over 40 years. I was there from the beginning, and even I don't know what or why he or any member of his family does what they do.

I think Michael loved his family, just like we all do, but yes--sometimes they got on his nerves. I love my mother...from afar, but I know if I lived in the same house with her she would drive me crazy! As for Michael's bodygaurd pulling a gun on Randy--I never heard that one before and would like to see proof. To the best of my knowledge (yes I might be wrong), during the last few years of his life, he was closer to Randy than his other siblings. I cite for corroboration the video of his 2005 trial (easily found on YouTube) where he specifically thanks Randy for sticking by him during that ordeal.

As for Lisa Marie, who did attend his funeral btw. I guess none of you ever lashed out at a former husband, boyfriend, lover, after being rejected??? Yes, she did say some questionable things about Michael. But she also said some good ones: that he was NOT gay, and that she saw no sign(s) that he was a pedophile. She was hurt, and I think that in retrospect if she had known what a short amount of time he had left on this earth, she would have recanted or tried to make amends to him for the "bad" things she said. So you need to try to remember that when putting her on blast.

Michael for gave these people. So should you. What sort of "fan" are you if you don't?

I don't like Oprah. IMHO she is worse than you people say his family or his ex-wife is combined. She has had NOTHING positive to say about Michael since 1992. Now she has the audacity to exploit him yet again for her own personal gain??? I can only hope that the family knows what they're doing, but it's not my call.

dd

@29 Michael would not like your statement anyway your going to drop dead one day, so why sit around wishing for an elderly person to drop dead...grow up.

Best Mom

Anyone who thinks Diane Dimond appearing on Oprah would boost the ratings is delusional! Dimond's book "Be Careful Who You Love" made me sick! There were so many lies about Michael. If you want to see a great show -- let Oprah put Tom Messerau and Diane Dimond on at the same time -- Messerau would tear Dimond to shreds.....and deservedly so. That is one show the whole world would watch!

mj is the sexiest man ever

wtf is going on ?.why that oprah?why why why that snake.i am not sure what is happening.but i am sure of one thing that michael jackson is still alive and he maybe approve this

nan

diane dimond would never do a show with tom messreau. he would her explain her connection to tom sneddon...way too many skeletons in her closet

Chic

Love you forever sweet Michael,RIP.

Siggisis

Posted at 8:43 AM on Oct 11, 2010 by TXluvsMJ2

I agree with everything you say. Including the bit about you loving your mother - from afar. And that living with her would drive you nuts! I could have said that. And I sometimes express frustrations about my mother. But if other people talk badly about her, I get mad!
I think this is typical family dynamics. You have differences within your family - of course. But when someone from outside "attacks", you stick together as a family.

If the Jacksons aren´t allowed to talk about their son and brother - who is??
I just don´t get this constant and very vile Jackson-bashing from Michael´s alleged FANS!

Oprah is another story. I don´t care for her. Someone said here that she is a sanctemonious cow. Yep, I think that is why I don´t like her much. She is also an opportunist of the worst kind - and fake.
But it is the Jackson´s choice to talk with her. None of our business.

MichaelJACKSON

And to people who are suddenly an expert in how Michael felt about his family, STFU! It is bad enough, we have to witness this kind of backstab on Michael's corpse with a dull knife....by people who are supposed to be his "family", must we listen to your (s)hit too?

IF THEY WERE SO CLOSE, WHY DIDN'T MICHAEL HAVE ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM AFTER HE RETURNED FROM BAHRAIN???????

Michael Jackson about his family: "TIGHT-KNIT MY A(SS)"

If They were so close, why was Katherine and Joe so busy stressing Michael into doing a Family Concert? Why didn't they notice Michael's declining health? Katherine, Joe...all of them are the same. They look at Michael and they see MONEY! Katherine always misused her influence over Michael to force him into doing things he didn't wanna do! She always put the wellbeing of all of her children AHEAD OF MICHAEL's....It was always on Michael's tab...it still is!

Quit talking like you knew the man in the mirror and how he felt about his "family"! The biggest vultures and pain the Michael's (a)ss was and still is Jacksons! Do you think we like talking like this about Jacksons? NO! But I am embarrased for them! They jeopardise the criminal case and they smudge Michael's brand by acting greedy, senseless and plain disrespectful to Michael! I will respect them when they are respectable! You EARN respect, you don't gain it because of your association to Michael!

Best Mom

Nan: Guess you're right.....snakes like Dimond and Sneddon usually crawl back under the rocks where they came from!