'Sister Wives' Wedding -- Guests Hide from Cameras

10/11/2010 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Sister Wives" star Kody Brown has every aspect of his life filmed for a reality show -- but TMZ has learned when he got hitched to wife #4, a number of his polygamist guests were not nearly as camera-ready.

Sister Wives.

As TMZ first reported, Brown married Robyn Sullivan a few months back. TLC's cameras were not allowed in the actual religious ceremony, but they did film the reception.   But here's the problem ...  About half the polygamist guests did not want their faces on camera because of the legal issues in which Kody now finds himself embroiled.

So Kody made accommodations by creating "camera-free zones" -- where lots of publicity-shy well-wishers hung out.  As one person said, "The reality is that bigamy is still a felony and the mainstream still doesn't accept it."

As for the particulars of the reception, sources tell us there were about 200 guests ... mostly other polygamists. They served finger foods, open faced sandwiches, relish trays, and lots of varieties of cheesecake.

One of the plural family guests had their son and daughter sing a song for everyone -- "We Are Families," perhaps?

JLS

Please, TMZ. Stop reporting on this. It's disturbing they have garnered the attention of this news organ and manipulate their story daily.

acre44

I loved the show last night when he was making out behind a closed door with the "girlfriend" while one of the "wives" was in the hospital with her water breaking having ANOTHER one of HIS kids. WTF???? He is sick of the 3 sister "wives" so he found a new piece with the girlfriend. What a pathetic TOOL! I hope they lock his azz up.

Papa Larry H

This pig is one smelly, disgusting, self-absorbed, god's gift to women(in his own warped mind), rutting, self-anointed ruler of his own fiefdom! When he said on one episode that he didn't feel right kissing his fiancee when his wife was in labor with what I believe was his 14th child, I almost puked, but then I realized it would have been a waste of good vomit! He states that his reasoning for living like this is religious. Bull! All he is interested in getting his rocks off! All four of the "Sister Wives" more than likely, have been beaten down emotionally, until they felt absolutely worthless. Then, their loving, horny man probably tells them that he will marry them out of the goodness of his heart. I honestly believe, that he doesn'tlove them like a husband should love his one and only WIFE. Rather, he feels that he is living in his own private whorehouse. Not for one second, do I believe that these lovely, but mentally beaten women, have one ounce of self respect left after he is finished indoctrinating them into his warped sense of what he believes is the way man & women should live together. I hope the state of Utah prosecutes him fully, sends him to prison for the rest of his unnatural life! I hope that he endeds up living with three gorilla-like convicts that are oh, so in love with him! And that they are willing to do whatever crosses their twisted minds to prove their love to him! Mat he rot in Hell for eternity. Then, and only then will the sister wives be free to live a life free from him snd his sickening way of thinking!

raimie

Okay, I have been watching this show from the beginning. I am not prejudiced against any alternative lifestyle, as long as they aren't hurting anyone. It is hilarious to watch as the women basically slam Kody at times, in Christines anger at him taking a 4th wife she has really let go with some things that have made me laugh. All along he looks like a deer caught in headlights as her and 1st wife Meri put him in his place. The only one who seems to be truly going with the flow is Janelle the 2nd wife, she seem like she doesnt care what goes on as long as she gets to work outside the home..lol.. I have to tell you I think this is more honest than 19 kids and counting. The Sistewives are free to express themselves, one girl declared that lifestyle was not for her and all parents supported it. What do you think old Jimbob would do if Jinger wanted to wear pants..lol..

raimie

sorry I left out the word KIDS in my previous post

The Sistewives KIDS are free to express themselves, one girl declared that lifestyle was not for her and all parents supported it. What do you think old Jimbob would do if Jinger wanted to wear pants..lol..

raimie

In regards to post 21 by Amber - Wife number to Janelle DOES have a job!She is the only wife who works as 1 goes to school, 3 stays home, and the new wife just relocated to be with them. So you should get your facts straight before you blast someone else!I have no problem with their lifestyle as long as the children are taken care of and they obviously are.

Tornado

OK Raimie, you seem to know all "the facts". How does Mr. Brown feed 16 kids and 5 adults if only Janelle and Kody are working as you stated? How does Mr. Brown afford his one big house, his Lexus sports car, the rent/mortgage on Robyn's house while they were forn-i-cating...uh...courting and the In Vitro proposition he made to Meri? As far as we can tell, the Lexus isn't the only car they own. I saw a few SUVs parked around the house. So tell me, how does he afford all that if he is not receiving ANY help and that includes claiming 16 kids on his tax forms? I'll let the Mexico vacation slide since TLC probably paid for that as we've seen from Kate Gosselin who would haggle the devil about the cost for her own special place in hell.

Tornado

OK Raimie, you seem to know all "the facts". How does Mr. Brown feed 16 kids and 5 adults if only Janelle and Kody are working as you stated? How does Mr. Brown afford his one big house, his Lexus sports car, the rent/mortgage on Robyn's house while they were ***********...uh...courting and the In Vitro proposition he made to Meri? As far as we can tell, the Lexus isn't the only car they own. I saw a few SUVs parked around the house. So tell me, how does he afford all that if he is not receiving ANY help and that includes claiming 16 kids on his tax forms? I'll let the Mexico vacation slide since TLC probably paid for that as we've seen from Kate Gosselin who would haggle the devil about the cost for her own special place in hell.

bab

I've watched this show the past 3 weeks. Robyn looks familiar & Im sure I have seen her once before on either TLC or a du***entary on polyagamy. I think she has tried once before to be a part of a polyagamist family & was rejected by the wives in the show I saw. Is this show a setup or is she just desperate?

Deb

I find this show fascinating. I would be beyond ticked if they are taking state aid (and I'd love to ge that question answered), but if they're not, then I think we're looking at 5 consenting adults who love their kids. This life might not be my cup of tea, but I find it interesting to get to see a bit of what it might be like for those who choose it.

Karmagal

He is super creepy. There is nothing cute about this douche bag loser. Whatever thee woman see in him its amazing to me. He is SO Creepy...

Squeaky Shoes

I'm all for equality and "to each their own" but polygamy disgusts me. Even scientology is higher ranked on my list (and that is one pointless "religion"). I don't understand how ANYONE can believe that a religion would deem it 'acceptable' to be married to more than one person at a time!

Though i do share equal disgust for mormons who also think it's ok to overpopulate an already overpopulated world by having 20 friggen children...

mistylee

first of all the family is not mormon he stated that from day one and i have met kody and robyn and they stated they are not mormon during r conversation. who are we to judge people? let them live the way they want. the kids r being taken care of and arent being forced into their parents lifestyle and isnt that more important then how many wives he has?? i think you people that are dissing on this lifestyle need to get a life!!

Becky

God made one man, Adam, with one wife, Eve. NOT Adam and Eve, Evette, Evie, and Evita. Duh! He is an adulterer and the women are also. They are corrupting the children and TLC is making a mockery of their network name.

kay cooper

TLC , i can not believe u have this show on t.v . y is it that this man thinks he needs another wife. we know that she has been married to this kinda of man before , but her husband at that time didn't take another wife. so her dad was like this . i'm so glad to here that's his girls don't want to grow up & be part of that life stlye. TLC i like the shows but i really DON"T LIKE THIS SHOW, called SISTER WIVES.... it really has to go.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments