« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Slash's National Anthem -- A Real Icebreaker

10/13/2010 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Slash strapped up and strung out last night during the L.A. Kings game -- ripping one of the most incredible renditions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" we've ever heard.

Slash National Anthem

Must have worked too -- because the Kings thrashed Atlanta 3-1 at the Staples Center.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

dd

Love you Slash, but sorry TEAM HENDRIX!

Truth

THIS BLOWS!!! THIS IS LIKE THE GLEE CLUB KARAOKE VERSION OF JIMI HENDRIX WHICH IS THE ALL TIME BEST RENDITION - EVER!! HE DIDNT GET INTO RRHOF FOR NUTHIN!!

HENDRIX - SSB, 1969 WOODSTOCK

SeaThom

After reading through here after my first post I have to say most of you are as big of idiots as TMZ. Slash could have blazed out a paint melting SSB version had it been appropriate. It wasn't. It was a sporting even not an LSD and weed stoned crowd in 1969. Slash is one of the best soloists in the business with his straight ahead melodic solos. Some one mentioned Zakk Wyldd.. What a joke!!! He's a Randy Rhoads wannna be that uses so many pinch harmonics it's hard to listen to anymore. I see people claiming to be "guitar players". I hear that alot as I AM a recording guitar player. Most of you guys know how to pick up your Epi Les Pauls or Deans and feed into a solid state Marshall thinkin your a guitar player. This was what it was supposed to be. No frills, clean with a wha and that's it. Slash could melt your face if he wanted to. BTW I hate to tell you guys this but guitar playing has come a long way since Hendricks and I'd put Slash and quite a few players of the last 30 years up against him and they would blow him away and he'd admit it. Just for some cred I'm 43 so I'm not a punk and I live and was born in Seattle, Jimi's home town so I have every reason to stand up for him. Why don't most of you idiots really think and open your minds before opening your BS spewing mouths..... You all don't know Sh*t about playin guitar or when it's time to be a show boat shredder or just be a clean player. He doesn't need to prove anything to you idiots....

Truth

#50 STFU THOM. SMOKE SOME MORE WEED. STOP TALKING ABOUT WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA. HENDRIX DID IT. SIT THE FVCK DOWN.

dclaire

jimi jimi jimi. come on slash is not even close

April

He was better than jimi hendrix. He is the greatest guitarist in my opinion but considering they have completely different styles its stupid to compare any guitarist. its just one person's opinion. and anyone who knows anything about slash knows that he never tries to copy someone else. i hate it when people criticize artists. let them be who they are and stop arguing over who is better. i mean does it even matter who was better. its so uncalled for. they are all good and talented. and the point was slash did a good job not did he do it better than jimi hendrix. i mean seriously. sorry for my spelling. im typing in the dark.

SeaThom

Hey Truth....Smoke my pole you puke Fu*K! Lose the caps and shut your face. I'd chew your F'n head off and shove down your neck you POS!!

Tard

I am a fan of his guitar style but I think he showed it respect without turning it into a "Vanity" piece. That and ever one would be trying to compare it to Hendrix and this is not the place for it. He could have improvised and bastardized the hell out of it but he did not. Credit is do even though it is easy to play. I think everyone from the 80's learned this and a few riffs from stairway to heaven.

Tard

Agree with Thom. Should have read his post first.

EPO

This is not even close to what Hendrix did at Woodstock. Hendrix made it sound as if bombs were actually bursting in the air.

Francis Scott Key

Show some respect and take off your hat, *******.

La La Land

THis was great.

You morons will complain about everything. For everyone talking about take off his hat etc just stfu and go kill yourself because you are a pathetic human being who is miserable..

And for all the so called artists talking about Hendrix is better or zakk wylde etc stfu also because Hendrix is a different story all together and zakk just looks cool and is overrated, oh yeah kill yourselves too because you weirdos just want to complain for no reason..nothing but jealous haters and losers

george fudge!

TMZ, says a lot about you guys with this video (as in ultra-cheap). Weren't willing to cough up the money for a video from the front now. Sad how low-budget cheap TMZ really is.

Superman

It's better than a lot people singing it. However, he went too high on the first high note, then he tried to drag it out at the end, which I hate as do many, many Americans do.

yardy

Most studio guitarists can reproduce Hendrix's performance without difficulty and no one who said "Hendrix" would even be able to tell the difference. You just parrot what you have heard someone(Maybe tv)tell you.

Hendrix was one of the best innovators and we will never hear the music he might have created had he lived. Is he an Iconic talent yes, is he the guitar God everyone wants him to be, NO.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments