Christina Aguilera

and Boyfriend

Arrested

3/1/2011 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christina Aguilera was arrested early this morning along with her boyfriend in West Hollywood, TMZ has learned. Christina was popped for public intoxication and her boyfriend was arrested for driving under the influence.

Christina Aguilera Arrested
Cops say ... Aguilera was a passenger in a car driven by Matthew Rutler when officers noticed he was driving erratically around 2:45 AM ... so they pulled the vehicle over.

Officers determined Rutler was drunk and arrested him for misdemeanor DUI.

Cops say the deputies determined Aguilera was also "extremely intoxicated" ... and since she was unable to care for herself, Aguilera was taken into custody.

Aguilera was booked for public intoxication -- and according to the booking sheet, she was listed at 5'2" and 100 lbs.

According to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, Rutler's bail was set at $5,000.

However, the source adds, "If the driver had NOT been arrested for DUI, [Christina] would have never been in trouble."

Sources close to Xtina tell us they have been trying to get the singer into a rehab program for weeks.

Violette-Blue

Shame. She needs to pull herself together for her son. I hope he was with his father. I mean, she's allowed to go out, but girlfriend you have a serious problem. Get help!

mannequin

Another class act. 100 lbs.???? I don't think so, considering she has to melt herself into her clothing.

rex kramer

I thought she was knocked up.

kylee

100lbs? lmao ummm ok. Come on people you know she looks like snookie with a blond wig

snowcat

Who didn't see this coming? You can see all the weight she's gained was from drinking.I've been waiting for this since she passed out at Jeremy Renner's house a few months ago.

I hope her Mom gets her into rehab today,before she becomes the next "Britney Spears style" paparazzi nightmare.If she continues down this road she will lose custody of her son and spiral even more out of control.

This woman has REAL talent and it's such a shame she has become the butt of everyone's jokes recently.

Stella

again.......WHY don't these RICH celebs HIRE DRIVERS!!!!!! We have just been lucky so far that they haven't killed anyone (lately)....throw the book at drunk drivers!!! No excuse not to get a cab/driver!

Melvin

Why should law enforcement waste time and resources in arresting celebrities? Justice is just a joke with them. Linday Lohan is a prime example.
How many times has she been arrested and charged?

Lindsay Lohan

another one bites the dust..hey hey.. and another ones down, another ones down...another one bites the dust. Hey! they gonna catch you too.... Another one bites the dust...

TLC

as expected . Just blame the boyfriend driver.

She's baaaack

OH!! GREAT GOING CHRISTINA. PEREZ HILTON IS GOING TO COPY AND PASTE THIS FROM TMZ AND YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HE HATES YOUR GUTS. HE'S PROBABLY GOING TO CAUSE AN EARTHQUAKE IN HOLLYWOOD HE'S GOING TO BE JUMPING UP AND DOWN WITH GLEE SO MUCH.

happyday

That's too bad. :( I was hoping she wouldn't spiral downward like all the others. More proof that being a childhood star is NOT a good thing.

Also, 100 lbs. looks different on a really short person. She's probably a tad more, but not much. I'm 5'3" and at my heaviest I was 111 lbs. from partying too much & I looked so fat! Also, some of that is probably just bloat from all the drinking.

BoilingBleach

I am a betting man. 5'2" and 100lbs? I am not gonna question the height, but I will bet my entire life savings on the OVER for the weight. If she is only 100lbs, the Harvey is 7 feet tall. And we all know that ain't the case.

KenzieQ

So sad for Christina.. come on girl get it together :(

Jed Skenandore

FREE CHRISTINA AGUILERA ! SHE'S A POLITICAL PRISONER LOL!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0GPS3RWAgg

jdranetz

Had the driver NOT been arrested, she might have ended up dead.