Celine Dion -- Hospitalized Over Pregnancy

10/18/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

42-year-old Celine Dion -- who's 8 months pregnant with twins -- has checked into a hospital in Florida this morning in an effort to prevent a premature birth.

Celine Dion pregnant.

A rep for the singer told the AP that Dion is at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla ... and insisted Celine decided to admit herself to ensure that she's around her doctors until the delivery.

Dion and her husband Rene Angelil have one 9-year-old son.

UPDATE: The hospital has released a statement saying they will "enhance" security during Celine's stay ... but insist the family did not pressure officials into making the decision.

LAWRENCE

She may be the oldest 42 year old ever. Hopefully her "heart will go on." Yeah, that was awful.

Nunya

I wish her & her babies well..but she really needs to come down off her high horse..nobody checking for her like that.

Stupid People Hater

My god. 42 and pregnant? Hope the kid ends up ok. Those are some old eggs.

Majestik

Stupid people hater, those eggs wouldn't be old, she had them frozen many years ago. I wish her the best of luck and healthy twins but my god, here comes the talk show circuit once again after the birth.

crabbygirl81

Please someone tell me why women continue to have children over age 35??? I'm not going to mention all of the birth defects that could happen, but come on! Who the heck wants to chase a toddler around when you're 50? It's ridiculous and I find it very selfish to have children at that age...

tamara

Hey misogynists, some women don't become menopausal until 60 or later, and until then they can still get pregnant. Yes the chance of birth defects increases as a woman ages but even at 45 many times more babies come out perfectly healthy than not. Celine and her husband can provide the best possible home for a child, so stop with the fake concern for the baby. I thought the dark ages of controlling other women's reproductive abilities/choices ended with the pill and legal abortions ... I guess not.

Nunya

@ crabbygirl81 - your names suits you - some women have a hard time conceiving. There are some that try for YEARS! If you take care of your body you can have a healthy baby after 30. Now go back to your blocks & let grown people talk.

LVLEXUS

Legend? Legend OF WHAT? NOT A LEGEND AT ALL....ALL SELF MADE HYPE!

Lake Las Vegas DOES NOT MISS HER AT ALL!

janet

Woooooo people.... so much hostality and volatile words here.....Give her a break, she deserves respect to her craft and to her person.....come on people. Best of luck Lady Celine !

Meg

Janet, if you keep reading the tmz comments, you will come to expect such hatred and negativity from the bitter people that troll this site.

Ginger

I sort of think if you can't conceive normally, going to extremes like in vitro - I'm not so sure is a good idea. She's in her 40's her husband is older than dirt - who is he kidding about being around for them to grow up. And I read she's going back to work in February. So who raises the babies, the nannies? I thought so.

carol

gross

Wishbone

thanks nunya...was thinking the same thing

Georgia

What is wrong with you people making all those hatefilled remarks about her appearance, age, etc. It is just plain mean spirited and evil. Wish her and her unborn babies well. Put a little love in your hearts.

me

dumb idiots. she she is 50 her twins will be 8, not toddlers. early 40's is not too late to have kids. moron. and men have fathered kids late into ther 70's from ages ago, this isn't a new phenomenon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments