1968 Playmate Charged with Attempted Murder

10/20/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1968 Playboy Playmate of the Year Angela Dorian has been charged with attempted murder -- after she allegedly shot her boyfriend from close range in their Hollywood apartment Saturday night ... TMZ has learned.

Angela Dorian shot boyfriend.

66-year-old Dorian -- aka Victoria Rathgeb -- aka Victoria Vetri -- (currently 5'5", 110 lbs) was arrested late Saturday night -- and is still behind bars. Bail has been set at $1,000,000.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... they believe Dorian and her BF were having an argument that turned physical -- and that's when Dorian grabbed a handgun and fired at least one shot into her boyfriend's upper body. The boyfriend was rushed to a nearby hospital -- we're told he's expected to survive.

When authorities first arrived to the scene, Dorian told cops that her boyfriend was shot by a drug dealer.

If convicted, Dorian could face up to life in prison.

UPDATE: Dorian plead not guilty to the charge -- she's due back in court next month.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Heather

We haven't seen a recent booking photo of her. I was wondering if Victoria has aged any better than that 1969 AMX tank of sheet metal she won as Playmate of the Year?

Hey, maybe they can do a prisoner swap with Italy for Foxy Knoxy (Amanda Knox!) At least the Lynwood jail could trade the old hag in on a hotter, younger prisoner.

jacek rudowski

i am very sorry to see the problems andrea dorian is having in her life & the modest place in which she was living, i say angela dorian because that is how i know her from her centrefold. i have angela dorians centrefold as the back ground on my computer. i never saw victtoria vertis pictorial because i am too young but her centrefold has long been my favorite & i understand i am not alone in this opinion. there is no reason to shoot some one, a good reason not to own a gun. when her name was on the news my ears perked up since i recognized the name. i wish ms. vertis& her & her boyfriend a return to health & that she can patch up her life. it is a sad story all around.

Beach

Any place that has more current pics of her? How about the mug shot?

en Todo Momento!!

it'd be friggen awesome if she gets away with it. ladies form or rape....lol -murder!! that'd be totally awesome!! :D

becca

She was in Rosemarys Baby as Viki the old couples live in friend that falls out of the widow.

Lawless

Vicky (Tori as I knew her) and I were best friends 20 years ago in Hollywood. She was trying to get her singing career going (she has a great voice and has appeared on Johnny Carson). I moved back up north, the drinking and drugs were becoming too much for me, and I lost touch with her. I was shocked and saddened to hear the story yesterday. My gut feeling is that there is still booze and drugs in her life. My heart goes out to her that everything will work out.

lawless

Johnny Mac

EVERYBODY RUN! EVERYBODY RUN! THE HOMECOMING QUEEN'S GOT A GUN!

pam

why is her height and weight in this article ??? It is not 1968 anymore ....Did you want to tell us what she was wearing when she shot the guy ???
BAD BAD JOURNALISM

Cliff

A car club Iam in had a AMC car show in Sacramento in july. We tried to contact Her.One of our members has helped to transfer Her AMX to a new owner.there still is a few of us that have or like AMC Cars.I didnot know her but there was talk about in 68 getting a copy of Playboy under the rear floormat in an AMX.
Rmblrmn