Joe Jackson: Why I'm Suing Murray for $500 Mil

10/23/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson is now revealing why he put a $500 million price tag on his wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray.  His theory -- "The more you go, the less you get ... so I went high."

102110_joe_jackson_video
During Joe's interview with GOOM Radio -- in which sported some severely oversized MJ bling -- he said Dr. Murray was just "the fall guy" ... and that a lot of other people were to blame for his son's death.

Joe also took issue with our story that he was following Oprah Winfrey around like a puppy dog during her sit-down interview with the Jackson family earlier this month ... but you'll have to watch the video for the lowdown.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JLS

When negotiating a settlement OR relying on a jury's award, I agree, Joe BUT BUT BUT...exposing your strategy in an interview that's broadcast all over the world isn't smart. Figure out a strategy with your attorney and don't tell anyone. Then, nail Dr. Murray. That's the way we roll. Never reveal what your game plan is. NEVER!

KoalaBabe

what a fool, bad enough that Michael lost his childhood due to your exploitations, you can't even let him rest in peace.Despicable greedy old man.

Majestik

He doesn't give a crap, hello, all he wants is to make a name for himself. The fist commenter in here that claims MICHEAL forgave him and they were a family, then WHY when Micheal passed away did he leave his father out? Yah, whatever.

JLS

Sometimes even when you settle your differences, you forget to alter your Last Will and Testament. You have no plan to die at 50 so there is no hurry. I believe MJ did settle his differences but didn't hop right over to his attorney to update his will. Sad. I know he did love his dad. I am certain of it.

BrAnBa

Although I agree with Joe - Dr. Murray was a fall guy, there was so much going on behind the scene that needs be out in the open - I have a hard time believing Joe. He obviously wants more money. I would have liked to see him doing something to honour his son, like some kind of charity, just organizing an event or anything else that will NOT mean money in his pockets.

Googie

Idiot!!!

Tellit

Old nasty mf'er.......
the day he goes bellyup in one of his LV hos beds will be one day not soon enough.
Go eat dirt....douchebag.

Sad sad

He is gross. Is he semi chuckling talking about Murray? I'm totally weirded out by him. You know what's going to happen? Dr. Murray might be the fall guy but then they will go down the list of others and you know who will be at the tail end? Daddy.

mj fan forever

"The more you go, the less you get ... so I went high."

-------------------------------------------------

Indeed, the only reason is money. SHAME ON YOU JOE!!!!!

natasha

I don't care if he sued for 500 BILLION murray was wrong and deserves to have his liscened revoked and he should be sued too, it's not about the ridiculous amount as it is the act of a punishment.

natasha

Dear Joe Jackson:
DROP DEAD. You made Mike's life hell he hated you didn't even want you to hold his arm when he was weak and feeble!

Posted at 1:21 AM on Oct 23, 2010 by Dee Dee Russell
-------------------------------

As mean as Joe was durnign Michael's childhood he was there to defend his son in 1993 and he was there with katherine to hold his sons hand to court in 2005. He was there when alot of people abandoned him and Michael said he forgave him for all of the pain he caused in the past.

tony brasco

GO Old man GO.it seems to me that no body else in MJ clan care what happen to Michael Jackson that day ..NOBODY

GO JOE
GO JOE
GO JOE

TMZ addict

What a piece of garbage. He makes my skin crawl.
No wonder Michael was soo messed up on drugs.

Karolina