Mystery Group Begs Judge -- Don't Jail T.I.

10/23/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New court documents have just been filed in an attempt to keep T.I. out of the slammer -- and instead move him into a rehab program ... problem is, T.I. has absolutely no idea who made the request.

1022_ti_motion_document_ex

A ticked off citizen filed documents in federal court in Atlanta, arguing that the courts are pissing away tax dollars by jailing T.I. for a recent drug possession arrest ... so the person filed a motion to toss out the jail sentence.

The mystery person identifies him or herself as "Citizens of the State of Atlanta Georgia" -- they even provided a signature ...

1022_zoom_ti_in

Neither T.I.'s people nor the prosecution have any idea what the group is ... besides being an organization of some kind that failed geography class.

T.I.'s lawyer, Steve Sadow, tells TMZ that despite the well-intentioned gesture -- he has no plans to appeal the judge's sentence.

PS -- We spoke to the guy T.I. talked off the ledge the other day ... he swears ths isn't his doing.

JLS

If TI were a little coked out faareek actress who violated her own probation over and over and wrote F you on her nails for court, he could get months of rehab and a kiss from the judge. Yes, I am aware of the difference in charges against both of them BUT, Lindsay gets a hug and a kiss and TI, who saved a man's life this week, gets crapped on by the judge. The difference is nauseating. I'm really pissed that the judge is still being duped by the Lohan liars.

Majestik

This is bull****. I'm white, I'm a woman and WHY is he going to jail???????

Sad sad

Why are we throwing addicts in jail anyways? This just makes no sense to me. Just hooks them up with some better deals you know. This country is backwards as hell.

Nicole

its probably a bunch of his fans , i agree though that he shouldn't be jailed

FruitSalad

Wow this clown will try anything to stay outta jails.

Call Lindsey and get some advice bebo.

Chris

Put him in jail and throw away the key. Another criminal using rehab as an excuse.

Uh

As if none of you would do everything possible to avoid incarceration...ha ha ha. #4..he keeps getting caught. If you don't agree with the law...change it (if you know how)

RJ Hunt

"Mystery Group..." my azz!!!!

Bubba

Get a female sponsor Lindsay and LISTEN to her. You can be a major star IF you get clean and sober. And above all stay that way. Do it for Lindsay and no one else!

BW

Didn't he get cought with guns and ****,
yeah he just need help wit his drug problem

Steve

JAIL!!!!!!

rick

some guys just love prison.

Ty

in prison its even easier to get drugs, plus tax payers pay for his stay. All prisoners should work and earn enough money to cover their own food and housing. Cleaning streets, repairing stuff, construction, whatever they know.

rene

@#3
Ditto, There is some MAJOR favoritism going on with this judicial system. Thank goodness SOMEONE stood up for him, and, AND if his lawyer won't open his mouth then get another one TI. This is some MEGA unfairness, TI along with Lindsey, Paris Hilton ALL need the same help. OK!

dd

If he had been caught with more guns this yes put him in prison but he was caught with codeine or something....REHAB NOT PRISON!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments