Cirque du Soleil -- Michael Jackson Immortalized

11/3/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cirque du Soleil is unveiling the images that will drive what could be the biggest show under the big top ever -- driven by Michael Jackson's music ... and TMZ got hold of the image that will drive the production.

1103_mj_poster_EX

The world tour is a partnership between the MJ Estate and Cirque -- each sharing 50% of the profits.  It will kick off in the Fall of next year in Canada, and work its way south to the US of A.

The show will end up with a permanent home at the MGM Mirage hotel in Las Vegas -- probably in late 2012. Cirque has already released sketches of what the show will look like.

1103_michael_jackson_set_sketches_launch
110410_michael_jackson_video2This project -- unlike some others -- got the thumbs up from Katherine Jackson.

GBeach

Count me out. I for one am sick of hearing this pervert glamorized and treated like he was all that and a bag of chips. HE was SICK and WEIRD. I feel sad for "his" children; however, enough is enough. Geeze, next story please!!!

Tara

Pre-sale started today and lasts for 3 days. Got my ticket for NYC April 3, 2012!!! Can't wait. Too bad it's 17 months away :( But sooooo worth the wait. Wish it was a real MJ concert.

The legend lives on indeed...

K

The Mirage is a fitting place for it to end up. Was one of his favorite hotels here in Vegas. He used to get a penthouse suite there and stay for days/weeks. I personally saw him there one time on "fight night" when all the celebs go to see the boxing matches.

Barb.A.

WillOTheWisp, I know there has been much talk about this and it being the same person but I can't see their IP's so I listed some of the names. I know when someone says nasty things useing another person name if I know that person. Like, someone use to do that to Sue in Fl a lot. I wish TMZ would get a better set up for the board, it wouldn't be hard for them to do that.

Alexander Kloff

Very sad, when reminded how he died.

sleepynb

This makes complete sense to me. I think it's a fabulous way to celebrate Michael Jackson and his music.

English bulldog pups for sale

Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Thanks a lot!

English bulldog pups for sale(http://www.sumobulldogs.com/english_bulldog_pups_for_sale.html)

greatelect

If the money is going to his children it`s cool, but if not ppl should not support it.

Audie

Awesome tribute to the greatest entertainer that ever lived!!!!

Chic

They did the shows for The Beatles and Elvis in Las Vegas but this is bigger because of the Tour for The King Of Music Michael
J. Jackson. Love you forever Michael,RIP.

karlew

Well I just lost all respect for Cirque. Up untill now I've always thought of it as one of the most original and exciting bits of entertainment out there. But now they've gone and sold their soul. Jackson was an evil, weak and wholly self involved creature and anyone who profits from an association with him is no better. It's amazing what people will overlook because of some catchy tunes. I suspect if satan made music it would be just as catchy.

Lori

YAWN...aren't we done with this yet? Who gives a flying F?

As soon as Thriller was sold to PARTY CITY to use for advertising (and I'm hearing it in other commercials)? Then you guys...it's OVER.

The dead...STAY DEAD.

karlew

@Barb A

You would have me killed because I don't like Jackson and in fact believe he was a child molester? WOW!!! Thanks for that. Nice to see what raving lunatics this obsession with Jackson produces. It's funny I think you're a little pathetic for worshipping Mikey but I would never wish harm to you because of it. Seriously honey ya need help!!!!

joy

I like micheal and all but I think his family is digusting and
i feel sorry for his kids