Ex-Bachelorette

'Heartbroken'

Over Hug's Death

11/4/2010 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jillian Harris -- the star of the 5th season of "The Bachelorette" -- says she's "completely heartbroken" after learning about the passing of Julien Hug ... one of the men who competed for her affection on the show.

1104_jillian_harris_julian_hug_getty_abc_ex
Harris tells TMZ, "My whole heart goes out to [the Hug family] today as they mourn a precious life that ended far too soon."

She continues, "It’s very difficult to find the words to express my condolences, but I will always remember Julien’s gentle demeanor and kind heart, which will be sadly missed.”

As we previously reported, Hug's body was discovered yesterday in Riverside, CA -- officials are investigating the situation.

Star Whacker

Doesn't matter is a star is big or small, Hollywood Star Whackers can still get them.

Apples

Why is The Situation being investigated, what did he have to do with it???

Kenneth

Dang you Apples - you beat me to the punch. Maybe the Situation found out he had voted to boot him off DWS!!

Susie

This is such a horribly sad story. A beautiful man with a wonderful family and future and the smile of a So Cal man :(

My heart goes out to his family, friends, loved ones.

I will pray this turns out to have just been a horrible accident and not criminal. Criminals are all too frequent these days as are these very sad accidents. I though the location he was found and yes there are some very beautiful hiking area's.

God Bless you Julien and RIP

T.J.McBearsofBrooklyn

he was dumped

Captric

A fraudulent man living in a fraudulent society -- even good looking people DIE! LOL

MC Long

He was actually found in the mountains south of Palm Desert which is in Riverside County. Apparently he committed suicide by jumping off of a cliff. They didn't find his body for 4 days.He had just opened a restaurant here in Palm Desert too. Cool guy from what I understand.

dee

He greeted us at our table when we ate at Augusta (Palm Desert)for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. He sent us a gratis appetizer and dessert. He was very charming and gorgeous. RIP

Star Whacker

Jumped off a cliff??? Maybe the Star Whackers pushed him off the edge - figuratively and literally.

I'm really beginning to believe Randy and Evi are right!

Annie

#2, "Why is The Situation being investigated." HAHAHAHAHA!!! You said exactly what I was thinking.

honest abe

WHO CARES WHAT JILLIAN FROM THE BACHLORETTE HAS TO SAY WHEN SHE BARELY EVEN KNEW HIM AND DISSED HIM. Let's hear from his real friends not reality goop.

Sam Brock

BORED ...NEXT DEATH PLEASE

Sam Brock

BORED ...NEXT DEATH PLEASE

Stephanie

I am disgusted by the things that are being written by tactless people who know absolutely nothing about anything. This includes the commenters on this thread and members of the media. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Julien was very special in a way that will touch me forever and this message is long overdue:

The reality show was such a tiny part of his life that he quickly moved on from and laughed about with friends. That experience was not even remotely important or real: I speak firsthand. Producers have their say from the get-go and it SHOULD NOT EVEN BE MENTIONED IN RELATION TO THIS STORY. IT IS IRRELEVANT. The show is a total joke and he knew that. In fact, that is one of the reasons why he did not participate in the Men Tell All episode.

When you don't play the game (i.e. tell the camera what producers wanna hear) you get cut early on. For the record, his elimination had nothing to do with Jillian and everything to do with the way the game is played. People who have been in the role of "The Bachelor" and have had to do the eliminating have told me that the personal decision is not made until the final 4. Everything before that is producers playing God.

Most of the contestants weren't even interested in Jillian. He was even filmed driving a fancy car that did not belong to him. Like I said, the show is not reality. It is pure fiction. IT IS NOT WHO HE IS.

Furthermore, contestants and producers from his season, including Jillian Harris, Kiptyn Locke and David Goode should not be quoted. Period. They do not know him and their memories of him are trivial at best. To even suggest that he was upset about being cut from the show is a total disgrace to journalism and to his family and friends. It is not the truth.

I am truly heartbroken. This is not the way he would want to be remembered.