« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Steelers Player Destroys Ribs Before Game

11/8/2010 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't just hungry for a win tonight -- they're also hungry for BBQ ... and TMZ has learned three stars, including RB Rashard Mendenhall just inhaled a massive pregame meal at a Cincinnati rib joint ... and then left a stellar tip.

1108_leftwich_mendenhall_ribs_getty_ex

Mendenhall (left) -- along with backup QB Byron Leftwich (right) and nose tackle Casey Hampton stuffed their guts this afternoon at Montgomery Inn -- a famous rib joint less than two miles from Paul Brown Stadium in Cin city.

We're told the three NFLers threw back a rack of the restaurant's famous barbecued choice pork loin back ribs ... one order of the pork chops and one pulled pork sandwich.

The guys also tackled an assortment of sides including onion straws, sweet potatoes and potato chips.

Even though the guys were in enemy territory -- we're told they left an 80% tip on the bill ... and were extremely nice to the staff.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carol

the pres.of the us has died................ his hair

lou

Totally cool! So NICE to hear of celebs doing something nice and behaving nicely to non-celebs. You guys rock!!!

young_blood_187

then they went bak to the hotel and puffed on that ocho cinco maryjane

Fran

I live in the Cincinnati area, so I should know - Montgomery Inn ribs are delicious - but I'm not sure they are go delicious they would make me tip 80% - but that's a classy move nonetheless!

Zippy T. Pinhead

And in other news Charlie Sheen ordered a #3 at McDonalds and didn't leave a tip!

wisey

wtf? who cares?

wosnwbosa

pork loin ribs?.........A jewish person must've wrote this

Donna

I think it is news, finally some NFL players who do something nice and treat others with respect get noticed in the news, instead of only bringing attention to the ones who do bad things. Good going guys, not only were you nice and polite to the staff, which I would fully expect, but you left a nice tip for people who make far less than you. Here we go Steelers more ways than on the field!!!!

diogenes

Of the two NFL teams in PA, only the Steelers have any class.
Go Steelers.

6one9

Steelers fan```much?? Not really ``` a bad thing as long as BIG Ben stays out of the headlines```````````````` right!! Steelers win 27-21. ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Glad to see the Bengals show up ``` to play in the 4th quarter.

sowhat?

80% tip? I used to work in the restaurant business, and those boys are all right, I don't care what anyone says. I don't even follow football, and I don't like the Steelers, but they are still alright with me!

Action Jackson

You should follow LeBron around, when he was in Cleveland he was the worst tipper ever!

Windba

"me not you"... you're a douche.... this is TMZ... not the New York Times, if you want real news go the hell somewhere else.... you're the moron!

Sonja