T.I. -- Cornered in Georgia After Prison Release

11/10/2010 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. won't exactly be a free man when he's released from prison next year -- TMZ has learned he'll be barred from leaving the northern half of Georgia without a really, really good excuse.

1109_ti_launch_DOC_EX

TMZ has obtained court documents outlining the terms of T.I.'s year-long supervised probation when he is released from prison in 11 months ... terms that are gonna put a serious damper on his spontaneity.

According to the docs, T.I. won't be allowed to leave the Northern District of Georgia -- Atlanta, Gainesville, Rome and Newnan -- unless he can prove it's for "verified employment within the United States." That means he can't leave the country.

T.I. is also banned from leaving northern Georgia for more than seven calendar days per month or for more than seven days in a row.

And that's not all ... as long as T.I. is on probation, he can't drive a vehicle, can't own "any firearm, dangerous weapon, or other destructive device," and must participate in a drug/alcohol testing and treatment program.

Still, it's better than being in prison.

NikkiStorm

He would've beat the rap completely if he'd have asked Lindsay for her lawyer's number!!

JAN

Too bad he's not a rich little girl like Lindsay or Paris!

crovoltn

He can still perform, as long as it is not over seven nights out of the area. He can still record at home or in ATL. He can still have plenty of girls over. I am sure it's not that bad, as jail, but with all the probabtionairy stuff except for SOME mobility and meal choice, it sounds like jail. Atlanta area is not devoid of things to do, and that's where he lives anyways.

Anderson

Hey, I thought that we abandon slavery? When is it right for a State to make an individual work only for them. If I read this correctly TIP will only be able to make an income in Atlanta unless Atlanta allows him to travel and pay taxes in another state. Huh, what is TIP's yearly income and how much State tax does he pay? I think he may want to consult a District Judge to determine if his Civil rights have been violated.

Bootpunk

These rap pigs are such human garbage, and it's not a racist thing...I VOTED for a black President. I root for black athletes who aren't sdirtbags like these rap pigs. White morons like the Jersey Shore trash make me sick as well. As do the white morons who walk around with their hats on sideways - rap wannabe's. This whole rap "culture" is filled with ignorant goofballs who are just gonna end up giving all their money to lawyers anyway...they are so ignorant, THEY keep the stereotypes going by acting like damn fools...they are the Stepin Fetchit's of the 21st Century.

Racheal

Stupid!!!

psadpla

this dude gets more breaks than anyone

Vera

Well, it could be worse.

holmes

I live in Gainesville.
Believe me when I say there's no way in hell he'll ever come up here. It's all mexicans and factories.

MU

My friend was doing 6 balloons of heroin a day before going to Las Vegas for rapid detox. They put him to sleep and gave him narcotic blocker injections for 8 hours. When he woke up the addiction was gone and he felt no withdrawal. They even gave him a shot of blocker that would last 30 days. Now he gets one shot every month, and he has been clean for 7 months. He even gained 20 pounds of muscle from going to the gym 6 days a week, since coming home from Las Vegas. The place he went to has a website www.rapiddetoxlasvegas.com.

frances mckinney

thank god hes out im so happy for him im sure hes thankful to b out and so is his wife im sure ti im praying for you my brother amd looking forward to your great success theres a bigger picture behind this so just get thru the trials and tribulation u will b just fine stay focus and away from negativity.god bless u my brother peace n love!ur older fan

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2