Katherine Jackson's Secret Contract

11/12/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson has been bitterly complaining the Michael Jackson Estate is not giving her enough money, and now we know what she's done to supplement her income in a big way.

1111-katherine-jackson-bn-tmz-launch-2

TMZ has obtained a contract Katherine signed with Vintage Pop Media (VPM), the company that owns tens of thousands of photos, videos and other MJ items.  Under the deal -- which is not sanctioned by the MJ Estate -- Katherine agreed to participate in the production of "The Katherine Jackson Story," some sort of MJ documentary set to music.  Katherine also agreed to pen the book that was just released, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

In return for her work, VPM -- owned by her controversial business partner Howard Mann -- agreed to pay Katherine 25% of the net profits with a minimum monthly guarantee of $10,000-a-month.  But here's what's really interesting ... there's no end date for the $10-grand-a-month, so if you read the contract literally, VPM agrees to pay Katherine at least $10k-a-month for the rest of her life.

And get this.  The contract also says Katherine has the legal right to "forever bind" Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket.  According to sources familiar with the MJ Estate, Katherine does not have the power to contractually bind Michael's kids.

Katherine is already raking in $26,000-a-month from the MJ Estate, but she's complaining she wants more.  Looks like she found it.

Howard Mann tells TMZ, "This is one of several agreements with Mrs. Jackson. This was a starting point in our relationship."

natasha

WOW so many RUDE comment, Michael loved his family especially his mother, i hope the people cursing her aren't Mj fans because he would not tolerate that. Katherine loves her son and would not use him, she is trying to do what's best, she cares about MJ's memory. Michael was a good man and his mother is a sweet woman, she doesn't deserve all this bad talk.

natasha

------------------------------
----M-------M---------J--------
----M-M---M-M---------J-------
----M--M-M--M---------J-------
----M---M---M----J----J--------
----M-------M----J----J-------
----M-------M------J-J---------
-------------------------------

aston

Thank you, mjuls. Seems to me Michael's mother is as much of a mystery as Michael himself, and easily talked into things. But while Michael was business savvy up till 2003, his parents don't seem to have a clue. This is a very strange contract in so many ways. I don't know, but I have a feeling she doesn't really know what the contract says, or will be told about the sales of the book - just getting her 10 000 a month. Those partners of hers think they're in for a windfall here.

sofi

The woman is completely disgusting!!.All her actions show what a moneysucking leech she is.While poor Michael was alive she portrayed the silent,obedient,suffering wife of a tyrant,who was supposedly afraid of him and couldn't stop joe from beating the hell out of Michael when he was a child but now she acts as if SHE OWNS MICHAEL'S CHUILDREN,drags them into her lawsuit against AEG,uses them to justify her decision along with her other son and his children to present the Cascio tracks as fakes,now she has the authority to legally bind them,my,my has she suddenly woke up,oh of course let's not forget she can't live on 26.000 a month.

Instead of grieving and respecting her son's memory she is becoming a tv star but then again when was she a mother to Michael?
Michael's children should be taken away from that house because they are unprotected and not taken care of.The Estate should come forward and take action.

natasha

i cant wait for the kids to emancipate themselves from all of these vultures.

Posted at 9:57 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by FLO
---------------------------------

They will NOT emancipate themselevs from their family, family is important to the Jacksons.

natasha

Sorry, but MJ will never reach that status that Elvis Presley did. To make a statement like that is just silly and ridiculous. The only comparison that comes to mind is their addictions to prescription medication and need for privacy. But on a scale of celebrity status, MJ will never reach Elvis's level. The only reason it isn't talked about as much is because Elvis died over 30 years ago.

Posted at 10:24 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by tink981
-------------------------------------------

This is RUBBISH. Michael surpassed Elvis before he was 21. Michael is the epitome of an entertainer, he stufied the greats like James Brown, Fred Astire and Sammy Davis Jr and he became BETTER. No one has had the kind of influence he had on pop culture, no one could do the thinsg he did, Elvis was ok but he did not write his own music, Michael did. Elivs stole from other srtist and he was way past his prime when he died. Michael was still on top of his game and he died from propofol administered by a doctor, he was not popping pills.

Barb.A.

John,
F*** you. I am not a bimbo and I am not stupid so STFU. You don't know anything about me and I am entitled to my opinion. I was alive for Lennon's music & Elvis's music as well as MJ's. I was even around when they all died and I watch many people morn for all of them, so don't tell me I'm stupid. If you bothered to read my other post saying I had a lot of respect for all of them you would know that I wasn't saying anything bad about them or trying to tear them down.

So in my opinion MJ did more and accomplished more than both of them. And I'm talking about while living. Just because I believe this does not mean that I am denying them their due respect.
======================================

tink981,
I respectably disagree with you. Michael surpassed Elvis before he was 21. I agree with natasha on this one.

Everyone has their own opinion and that's cool with me, but to call me names as John did is totally uncalled for.
====================================

Thank you Mjuls, Esq. for your reply.
======================================

Barb.A.

spelling correction.
watched many people mourn

Sue

If Katherine was such a good mother how come she allowed her kids to be abused and beaten by her husband.

Sue

Plus, if she is such a good person why is she now using the legacy of her son and his kids to pad her own bank account. The only victims in this are the kids.

Babak Azmoun

so many secrets in this family. Babak Azmoun

aston

Barb A - you are completely entitled to your opinion, and John was very rude.

I was also around for all three (Elvis, Lennon, MJ), and I agree MJ was the greatest. All had many followers, but while Lennon was like MJ a true genius, he didn't have Michael's ability to both compose, set together enormous tours, dance, and direct. He also worked with many more people and was (for many years) a better businessman. Elvis was talented and intensely loved, but not really a genius, and he stayed in the U.S.

MJ was the greatest, and right now that's to his detriment, because he's so potentially bankable people scrap every piece of audiotape with him they can find, buy and sell them and will present several albums that he has not OK'd. They're like vultures scraping every bone, there will be nothing left of him. This never happened to Elvis and Lennon.

Barb.A.

aston, Thank you. I agree with you about the vultures. I have seen a lot in my life time and every year that goes by it only seems to get worse.

Orchids

My disgust is about how Katherine Jackson can allow herself to sign anything that forces her to bind MJ's kids forever!!! That is just totally wrong at so many levels words fail me.