Michael Jackson's Lead Single -- 'Hold My Hand'

11/12/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first new Michael Jackson single will be a not-so-new duet with Akon -- a song entitled "Hold My Hand" that was originally leaked in 2008.

110101-michael-album-cover2

Epic Records/Sony Music just announced the lead single off the upcoming album "Michael" -- and "Hold My Hand" will be released this coming Monday, November 15 on michaeljackson.com.

Akon and MJ recorded the track back in 2007 ... a raw, incomplete version was eventually leaked to the public.

1112_akon_mj_small_audio2The new album will feature a total of 10 tracks -- including the controversial "Breaking News" -- when it's released December 14.

Here's the version that came out in 2008.

l

I Love you Michael!!! With all my heart and soul! <3 x

Sam

Hmmm I don't know what to do either. I want to buy it so badly but would Michael want that? I want to know how the kids or Katherine feels about us Buying the CD.

em

MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
MJ Is The BEST
I Love You Michael Jackson! xoxo

Mary

I wish Michael was Alive to see how much his fans still LOVE and stick by him!
:( I miss you Michael.

Yna

I can't wait the MJ new album. I knew the song and I know how much Akon cared and respected Michael. I wanted so much that the new song be released on the new album. Also the colaboration with Lenny Kravitz. Good job for Michael and also for his colaboraters.

lisa todd

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kim

Have loved this song since the first time I heard it when it leaked out. Think this one will be a hit and even with all of the controversy with the new cd, i believe the cd will be a great hit also. New music from the greatest entertainer that ever lived. And his music still lives on.

rip mj

iFart

I remember listening to Akon crank call Michael Jackson around 2007. TMZ played it #hilarious

Posted at 7:23 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by Simeone

_________________________________________

It wasn't Akon who cranked called MJ...it was some douchey a-hole DJ who was pretending to be Akon.

I love this song and it is unmistakable MJ in this. I think Another Day should have been the first single though.

Love and miss you forever MJ.

sylvanya

What a talent!!!!! He will be missed!

Marie

Posted at 12:13 PM on Nov 12, 2010 by Sam

If you don't feel good about buying the new MJ cd then don't.I will buy it.But I don't blame people who do not want to buy it because it feels like Sony is exploiting Michael Jackson's legacy and making a lot of profit doing that.

DM

Wow...lovely! You rude disrespectful posters should just leave.

sylvanya

Buy it! if that gave you the joy into your life.

Babak Azmoun

I think this is a great song. Babak Azmoun

sue

Love it ! heard it awhile ago when it leaked . GREAT!!!

kim

Well, I just saw the song "keep your head up" got leaked and now sony yanked it from youtube. Dang, i wanted to hear it before it got yanked. maybe someone will throw it back on youtube.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments