Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

sunshinerad

If he doesn't want to do the show he doesn't have to it. If I were disrespected I wouldn't do it either. Lauer threw that clown George Bush in his face in the interview, even though Kanye already knew how he felt. That was overkill.

ari

Say what you want, but Kanye is still one of the best in the industry. Plus, he's rich. He could buy and sell most if not all of you HATERS !!!

Hip Hop forever !!!

Posted at 12:34 PM on Nov 12, 2010 by MKM

And there in lies the problem. what is wrong with society.. or you.. that it's totally ok for him to act this way just because he's a star/rich? does that make it right? does that mean you can act badly and it's fine?? give me a break.

cmueller

I've never been to a Kanye concert, but I imagine that a lot of diapers are thrown onto the stage. Babies need diapers.

Christine

Kanye, you are waste of space.

ari

you all are racistas hell hahahahaha you all are so mad thats so funny seeing white folks mad. i love when blacks make white folks made hahahaha
you fake internet gangsters talk all that punk stuff online but get you @$$ kicked on the street cuz yall cant fight.
drink some juice when crush glass in it

Posted at 12:46 PM on Nov 12, 2010 by hahaha

hmm.. actually I am white, but I grew up in the projects and have been in many fights.. hmm.. don't really have issues with black people.. andddd..hmm..nope, not scared either.. soo.. nooo..not really the issue. soo.. yeah.. whatever.

shan

who gives a **** if Kenya wont perform on the Today Show. Cant understand a god damn word he says anyway.

Luluie

Enough already. Why does the Today show even have to revist this? And now this whole thing spreads like fire. The media fuels this whole thing. Is it that relevant any more?

JJ

Seriously.....how much dumber can you get. I watched your interview where you couldn't begin to articulate what you wanted to say. You screwed up and didn't know how to say I was a jeark and what I said was uncalled for. You demand and throw fits and it gets old. Where do you get this huge sense of entitlement?

ThatsPrincessToYou

@hahahaha- Sorry to disappoint you but this b**ch grew up in the hood and beatin your punk a** has nothing to do with color. I've seen b**ches like you get beat down by people of all colors. What's even funnier is that too many people think white people are afraid of them. I've seen it first hand. In fact, I had to deal with MANY Black Women who would try to fight me ONLY because they thought I was scared. Good tomes were had when they laid on the ground wonder what hit them. Let me put this in terms your ignorant a** can understand.....hmmmm, get yo' azz back ta skoo and get yosef an edumacation. On that note, I'm going to crawl back out of the gutter. STOP making all black people look bad. I plenty who have risen above your kind and become educated, self-respecting, and successful. For some reason, I don't think your one of them. Better yet, go roll you a spliffy spliff and chill homeboy

Cathie

Kanye West is such A big loser no-one cares if the don't get to see you perform on the today show. Go away Kanye you won't be missed if you just disappear..... RUNAWAY and don't come back lolol

formyson

I knew he was going to do that. I wonder how many people are actually on his side as he sits there and ****s away. ??? He's such a ***** and RACIST!! I'm certainly no fan of Bush and I say.... Pot, meet Kettle on this one!!

Hopefully West will just fade away, far away!! Stop buying his C.D.'s peeps and he will..... :D

Babak Azmoun

a little holier than thou I would say. Babak Azmoun

If sense were common everyone would have it.

OF course he backed out. Anyone with a double-digit IQ knew he would. Did he think he was special? That they wouldn't conduct the interview like any other? He is neither the Pope nor the President but he has the illusion that he should be afforded the same respect. People may have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after his inner diva came out he lost whatever credibility he ever had, which wasn't much anyway. EVERYONE knows that Lauer is an ambush interviewer, but tries to disguise it with is boy next door demeanor. West could get over himself, or not. Most people don't even care anymore.

sweetbaby

Kan yaaaaaaaaay!

You are a fail of EPIC proportions......You are so over, a has been, washed up, a total untalented fail.......I smiled really big when I saw your commentary on not performing on The Today Show.
I was really disappointed when the original announcement was made about the performance.I thought *why in the hell are they having him perform on the plaza* ???? Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame because you are an outcast. FYI.....I am not a Taylor Swift fan but the actions you took when you marched uninvited onstage to interrupt her speech completely sunk your failing career in the music industry. I know people in the business and you will be turned away even more now than before.
Go away and seek forgiveness....I know it will take a LONG time but look at all the damage you have done...President Bush is not a racist! He is a gentleman with dignity. Shame on you for trying to make Katrina a BLACK issue. I am ashamed of your behavior. Go away now!!!!!!!

tripod

If there were any "high roads" to take in his character this would've been an opportunity. He's a card-carrying jerk -- it's as simple as that.