Michael Jackson Song -- Akon Came Back to Finish

11/12/2010 8:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's Harvey ... I've just heard Michael Jackson's first single, "Hold My Hand" -- not the one that leaked a few years ago, but the one Sony is about to release. First of all, it's great -- slower than a lot of MJ's songs.

1112_micahel-jackson-album-art-ex

Our sources say Akon recently came back to the studio to lay down more vocals and really put the finishing touches on it. It sounds more produced than the "Breaking News" song that was put online this week.

It's a classic, Akon-type song and it seems like Michael takes on Akon's style. His voice fluctuates like Akon's and there's a similar tonal quality.

As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

This is going to be a huge album.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

Nex

I would prefer if Akon would NOT lay down more vocals, but rather add MORE of Michael's vocals...

K

Thanks harvey, can't wait. K

MiMi

New Song: Michael Jackson – ‘Keep Your Head Up’

Magnificent.....

mjfan212

Hey its me mjfan212 harvey shut the hell up ur no fan of mj if you was u would not post the things you do or allow it to be posted and hey u say mj family only wants money lol its u so hey (STOP CASHING IN ON MJ AND HIS FAMILY) THE GIG IS UP Fu****

Forumz

Breaking News is Jason Malachi, not Michael Jackson.

nobleday

Good song. He's back in action now.

l

* Chanting *

MICHAEL!
MICHAEL!
MICHAEL!
MICHAEL!
MICHAEL!
MICHAEL!

I Love Michael Jackson

Mary

I. AM. SO. EXCITED!!!!
:D Michael is the greatest!! FOREVER!!!!

Chelsea

MICHAEL was the last artist of the era of TRUE Musicians!

Now we have fake commercialized people like LADYGAG. AND JUSTINBUTTHEAD!

em

I Miss you so much Michael! I wish you were here for all of this! and could enjoy the l.o.v.e from all your fans! WE LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Sam

Michael you are forever the King.
Such a humble,caring,creative, soul.
You are what life is suppose to be about.
i miss you so much.

Trevis Miho

I would love to hear a brand new MJ album with JUST MJ. A song with Michael Jackson and Akon, in my opinion, would be better received on an Akon album. Michael is in his own lane, and that shouldn't be crowded with other artists on HIS project. I have much respect for Akon, don't get me wrong. This also goes for people remaking or remixing his CLASSICS - it's like when George Lucas tampered with the old Star Wars flicks, just unecessary and in the longrun not as appreciated. This is coming from an MJ fan since my earliest memories. R.I.P, M.J!!!!!

kim

hey Mimi, I heard "keep your head up" earlier and been posting that link on the other stories. just love it. so mj. great song in my opinion.

Criss