Michael Jackson Song -- Akon Came Back to Finish

11/12/2010 8:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's Harvey ... I've just heard Michael Jackson's first single, "Hold My Hand" -- not the one that leaked a few years ago, but the one Sony is about to release. First of all, it's great -- slower than a lot of MJ's songs.

1112_micahel-jackson-album-art-ex

Our sources say Akon recently came back to the studio to lay down more vocals and really put the finishing touches on it. It sounds more produced than the "Breaking News" song that was put online this week.

It's a classic, Akon-type song and it seems like Michael takes on Akon's style. His voice fluctuates like Akon's and there's a similar tonal quality.

As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

This is going to be a huge album.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

HumanNature

MICHAEL Album Track Listing Unveiled

New York, NY - The first official single from the forthcoming Michael Jackson album MICHAEL will be released globally on Monday, November 15th at 12:01am EST. The song entitled “Hold My Hand” will be unveiled on www.michaeljackson.com and for sale digitally thereafter.

“Hold My Hand”, a duet with Akon, is a song they recorded in 2007. A handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that “Hold My Hand” be the first single on his next project. However, in its unfinished state, the song leaked out in 2008. Akon recently completed the new and final production of “Hold My Hand.”

Akon comments, “The world was not ready to hear ‘Hold My Hand’ when it leaked a couple years ago. We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I’m so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols.”

On December 14th, Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release the much-anticipated new album MICHAEL. The album contains ten tracks, produced by an esteemed group of producers along with Michael Jackson. While primarily focused on songs that Michael worked on recently, there are also earlier compelling tracks.

MICHAEL is the first release in nine years of new material by one of music’s most beloved icons whose artistry continues to touch new generations of fans. The album marks another release under the new agreement between the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music announced in March that continues the label’s 35-year relationship with Michael and his music. During that time, Michael sold hundreds of millions of records, had 13 #1 singles and released the pop culture phenomenon “Thriller,” which remains music’s all-time bestselling album with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.

MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

www.michaeljackson.com

W

for ??

I always liked and respected self-ironic people.

Siggisis

Hi, Siggi & MiMi, I think they brought in 50cent, just so that the track could be completed in a different sound, u know, to sound more current. I heard that they decided to include a few from the Cascios & completed the tracks with other artists. I look forward to listening to all of the tracks. I'm sure I'll enjoy them all.

Posted at 12:05 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Daphne

I want to apologize my earlier quite grumpy posts. I like the song with Akon - Michael sings beautifully.
I am just still a bit mad about the sloppyness in the production of Breaking News which was released. Michael wouldn´t have it out there like that - with fake strings, fake drums etc. Sony should put more money into the production and hire a REAL string orchestra and mucicians with real instruments. I just know that Michael himself would have had it that way. He wasn´t exactly known for cutting corners!

Siggisis

musicians - sorry

Alice(from Romania)

"You gotta get back every rhyme
Gonna jump back
She won't get it
I got a feeling but giving you, I
And i'm so damn
So damn glad about it

I got a feeling
That your jumping around
Gon' get back
She wont get it
I gotta feeling like jumping around
And I'm so damn
So damn glad about it

Serious effect baby baby"

L.O.V.E and Miss MJ

Cathy

There really is little doubt in my mind that Michael's voice is on "Breaking News". I just wish I didn't have to strain to hear it under all the vocal filler and effects and other voice(s). Hopefully the final version will be better. I am looking forward to hearing the whole album and will form my final opinions then. I do think Michael's music deserves to come out. I just wish for it to be produced in the right way, and it is hard to do so when he left so abruptly with all of this material so raw and unfinished. I am right now thinking of Queen who put out another album (Made in Heaven) 4 years after Freddie Mercury died. But Freddie KNEW he was dying and left as much as he could for them before he went - in the best condition he could get it into before he ran out of time. He (Freddie) also specifically told the band that he wanted this music to be heard. Michael left so suddenly and without warning, it was hard for anyone to prepare appropriately.

Karolina

"Whatever happens...don't let go of my hand"

Michael, you still holds our hands :* we don't have to hold because you do it:) by giving us clues :*

We love you so much

Karolina

sofi

I wish Akon wasn't heard more than Michael on "Hold my hand".

Marie

Posted at 7:11 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Siggisis

The good news is that Sony is reworking on the controversial track 'Breaking News' to make it perfect for the fans just in time for the album's release this December.

Marie

I hope the finished version for 'Hold my Hand' is perfect. Michael Jackson's fans are used to perfection. They cannot stand mediocrity. I cannot wait to hear it Monday here on TMZ.

moni

I would prefer if Akon would NOT lay down more vocals, but rather add MORE of Michael's vocals...

Posted at 3:32 PM on Nov 12, 2010 by Nex
----------

I agree.
But where take them from?
Akon is here. Michael not.

Daphne

Posted at 8:00 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Cathy

That's the reason why there are all these vocal filler and effects and other voice(s). Looking forward to picking up the Michael album, The Vision DVD set & the J5 Icon double discs. All things MJ for Xmas. Great.

moni

Posted at 8:00 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Cathy
-------------

So true. There's one big difference between the "old" Michael classics and "Breaking News". In the past Michael's voice always and absolutely was the dominant part of the song. It's been its heart and its soul. Strings, keyboards, other vocals – just a musical frame for Michael's art. Now it's just a minor role left for his voice. A VERY minor role. And that's not "michaelesque" at all.

Siggisis

Posted at 11:41 AM on Nov 13, 2010 by Marie

Yes, that´s good - it simply was sub standard. Not worthy of Michael, the great ARTIST.
I am not expecting anything ground breaking. But as long as they try to make a decent job

MiMi

They already reworked it once when it disappeared for a while on Tuesday. Now they are supposedly reworking it again. Whatever...

As far as "Hold My Hand" it is being said that they are going to bring Michael's vocals upfront more on the new release. I suppose everyone should wait untill Monday when it is released to pass final judgement on the song.

At least with this song it was a finished product. Just hope whatever producer is working on it does not muck it up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments