Michael Jackson Song -- Akon Came Back to Finish

11/12/2010 8:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's Harvey ... I've just heard Michael Jackson's first single, "Hold My Hand" -- not the one that leaked a few years ago, but the one Sony is about to release. First of all, it's great -- slower than a lot of MJ's songs.

1112_micahel-jackson-album-art-ex

Our sources say Akon recently came back to the studio to lay down more vocals and really put the finishing touches on it. It sounds more produced than the "Breaking News" song that was put online this week.

It's a classic, Akon-type song and it seems like Michael takes on Akon's style. His voice fluctuates like Akon's and there's a similar tonal quality.

As for "Breaking News," I just heard the finished version. It's more produced than the one Sony put online and sounds more classic MJ.

This is going to be a huge album.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

Siggisis

Isn´t this a strange way of releasing an album? It is as if Sony by leaking songs wants to test the fans - to say what (how little money spent) they can get away with. Then when they see the fans don´t like it, they pull it back and make some more work.
I don´t like this method.

MiMi

So true Siggi. Unless it is someone trying to sabotage things, which I doubt.

I also wonder why they are using "The Way You Love Me" on this cd. It was already included in "The Ultimate Collection" which was released in 2004.

Sony is Stupid.

MiMi

Correction:

Sony Sucks

Siggisis

Correction:

Sony Sucks

Posted at 1:42 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by MiMi

LOL

They think people are stupid. It is alwaqys a very big mistake to underestimate the intelligence of people.

l

I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL
I LOVE MICHAEL

Sam

I cant wait to hear some more MJ songs. Im not sure im going to buy the album though. because of what $ony did to him.

em

I Wish Michael was still alive. :(

Siggisis

I Wish Michael was still alive. :(

Posted at 2:13 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by em

Me too. :´(

mj fan forever

I really would prefer it was a Jackson-type song and Akon or anyone else would not add more of his own vocals!!!

RJ4

I heard Hold my Hand awhile back. Love the melody/harmony. That was very Michael. In terms of the appropriateness of the distribution since MJ is not physically here (but here in our hearts and spirit) - I would say more than anyone that should be his mother's call. She is the trusty worthy voice since Michael and she seemed to have an unconditional love.

my2cents

I think they should let Ne-yo have a go at some tracks. If anyone sounds like MJ, both vocally and musically, he does. Just my opinion.

my2cents

Check out Ne-yo's "Because of you" video...he sounds so much like MJ to me...not his best video but he's a genius nonetheless.

my2cents

Personally I don't think anyone should be adding their vocals to MJ's songs atm....just music

check yourself

"This is gonna be a huge album."

Hell, this is gonna be a huge DISS on MJ.

F THAT.

If MJ wanted ANYTHING of his out there that he didn't put out there himself he would have "in case of death" left instructions ON THAT STUFF and the details of all that, with a hand picked somebody to put it out here FOR him , should he pass on before he could put it out here himself. Looks to me that anything like that he did WITH HIS KIDS FOR HIS KIDS and LEFT TO HIS KIDS. NO ONE ELSE.

Here's one more thing - NOW Akon lost my music consumer dollars, and from here on out ANY BODY that goes and "finishes" MJ's stuff with this "Featuring MJ" nasty chit (man, don't that beat ALL dammit!) that HE didn't give permission to do, and PROVE IT, before he left us, I'm gonna be four flushin' the pos down the same toilet as Akon.

HOW'S THAT!

Man this story and the fake azz fans on here talkin about buyin up this chit at the stores make me sick I'm outta here.

Butterfly

I Wish Michael was still alive. :(

Posted at 2:13 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by em

Me too. :´(

Posted at 2:17 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by Siggisis

oh how much i wish .. can`t get over it! so so sad

LOVE AND MISS MJJ