Will.i.am -- New MJ Album 'Disrespectful' to Michael

11/13/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Black Eyed Peas front man Will.i.am wants no part of the new Michael Jackson album -- because he feels the entire thing goes against everything Michael stood for.

1113_will_i_am_Michael_jackson_REG
Will.i.am tells EW, "Whoever put it out and is profiting off of it, I want to see how cold they are ... He just wasn't any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it's disrespectful. There's no honoring."

His biggest issue, it seems, is using unfinished MJ tracks -- something he feels the King of Pop never would have stood for: "Michael Jackson songs are finished when Michael says they’re finished ... Maybe if I never worked with him I wouldn’t have this perspective. He was very particular about how he wanted his vocals, the reverb he used ... he was that hands-on."

It's worth noting ... the album is put out by Sony, through Michael's estate. So Michael's kids are the ones who stand to make money off this.

Siggisis

Critics in my country have already written about "Breaking News" that it's "clearly Michael – unfortunately". That sucks. And I don't want to read something like that too often. It breaks my heart.

Posted at 1:12 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by moni

Hi moni. :-) There are mixed opinions here whether or not it is Michael Jackson on Breaking News. Even TV studio debates with the opposing opinions represented.

moni

Hi Siggisis:-)),
yes, similar here, no radio station seems to be able to put "Breaking News" on the air without mentioning the mysterious "Is it him or not?"-debate or even starting a poll among the listeners whether or not it's Michael.
But what disturbs me most are critics like the one I've mentioned (it's from "Welt online"). They took "Breaking News" as a prove that Michael had lost his talent. D**n, that song is more or less a "pimped" demo. That's simply not fair.

Glenda in Texas

Michael looks so handsome there. God I miss this beautiful being.

Siggisis

Posted at 1:24 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by moni

Oh no, not fair - and that was what I feared when I heard it. It is nothing but a demo as you say.

teka

@Tell it

Strange that, among the millions and millions of people around the world, fans and admirers of Michael Jackson, you always here, almost alone (a), expressing his thought thoughtless, cruel, jealous and prejudiced. Be very careful with their actions because they return to you one day. But anyway, I wish much love to you, because Michael has taught us well.

iloveMJ

I think there's something wrong happening that will i am is aware of...he will not say this if he meant nothing..he can't just say the true reason bcoz sony is a big corporate and very influencial..,and i can sense he's warnenging us (the fans)..
hmmm.. i agree with will i am.sony should honor michael what he really deserves,coz MJ was the pinnacle of all artists and music,unparralled and unmatched!
the album isn't right,the cover looked cheap,michael for sure wouldn't be happy about it..why they just put "michael jackson" as the name of the album,as a fan i want michael's voice and only michael,no need 50 cent! i really thought they'll put unreleased songs,meaning full MJ's voice singing.i'm kinda starting to want to THINK TWICE for that album.

VampKira

Wow.
All I can say is WOW.
I totally believe it's Michael on that track, as you all know..BUT..WOW...Get ready to be surprised here.. (especially whomever called me a Sony Troll! HA!)

Som a beach, Will.I.am is gawd durn friggin 100% right! As soon as I read what he said, my heart KNEW he was right!! That IS how Michael wanted it it..it isn't done till Michael says it's done so.... *sigh* And even more/ Michael's true fans are saying "gawd darn" too.. Cause we know...we KNOW what Will says is true. MJ was working closely with him near the end, and I remember hearing Michael really liked and respected him and was excited to be working with him> No matter, cause he's right, damnit!! this sucks........... :(

Chelsea

I love you MJ!

moni

It is nothing but a demo as you say.

Posted at 1:27 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by Siggisis

I think "Keep your head up" is much better. More of Michael, somehow. How did you like it?

l

Ughhhh! I dont know what to do! I want to buy the ablum because I want to hear michael again:( but would he want me to????
sooo confused!
MJ=King!

VampKira

I-
.....read my post above..that did it for me.. No Michael... *cries and cries and cries*

Sam

I wish MJ came back to life.
Im so sad without my idol.:(
I miss you Mike.

Siggisis

Posted at 1:39 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by moni

I haven´t heard it.

Cathy

sooo confused!

Posted at 1:41 PM on Nov 13, 2010 by l
______________________________________________________

Michael would want you to do whatever would make you happy. If hearing his voice again will make you happy, he'd want you to hear it. :)