« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jessica Simpson

Engaged

Take That, Nick Lachey!

11/14/2010 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

How's this for coincidence -- Jessica Simpson announced today that she is engaged to former football star Eric Johnson ... just days after her ex Nick Lachey got engaged to longtime girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo.

Jessica Simpson Engaged
Expect dueling pregnancies in the months to come.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sheilag

to coincidental. done for publicity

meme

oh jess.....u r sooooo desperate!! u just end up lookig ridiculous!!! just a few days after nick gets engaged to his LONGTIME LOVE VANESSA.....jess buys a ring for herself...so she can stop crying.....but, now jess...u look like a desperate fool!! thank god for nick...that he got away from u!

Ms Thang

It was posted somewhere that she was upset when she heard of Nick's engagement, WTF? I know when my ex found another man, I was upset too, but I was single, unlike Jessica.

Throwback kid

Did Jessica have to buy her own ring? Eric Johnson has been unemployed for a couple of years, Jes pays for everything.She really is a desperate pathetic woman, this will end in divorce just like Eric Johnson's first marriage just did. He is kind of like Tori Spelling's husband, just along for a free ride.

scott

This Dude is FAR from a football star... you hollywood people are crazy for ever thinking that... All football 'stars' in the middle of their season....

HES AN NFL REFECT.... better at free-loading than herever was in the NFL

Perfect example of how you dumbass's sensationalize everything....

Throwback kid

Scott makes a good point, the people at TMZ know almost nothing about football, you can tell this by the way they write about it. Just because someone is on an NFL team, you should not describe him as a star. Her last boyfriend Tony Romo was a star, he starts and has been voted to the Pro Bowl. That is considered being a star in the NFL.

Eric Johnson was never a star, he was just a guy on the roster, most fans never heard of him because he never stepped on the field.Come on TMZ get it right! just refer to him as a former football player, the word star and Eric Johnson should never be in the same sentence. Now the word FREELOADER is a different story.

Michele310213

Is his divorce even final yet? Just wondering how if it isn't you can become engaged to someone else? Yeah I know you don't have to be single to become engaged but it does help if you are free and clear and fully available to get married! Also you think that nick TRADED UP when he got Vanessa? just find it funny in a pathetic way that she needs to rain on Nick's engagement news with news of her own, and if Eric isn't fully single doesn't make planning a wedding all that much more interesting there is more to the story folks like she is his meal ticket!!

Stratcat

Jessica has really ballooned up! Is she the Anna Nicole Smith of her generation?

Jadzia

Omg what a horrible pic of Jessica. Come on TMZ I'm sure you could've found something better than that! Poor thing. lol

CriticAl

Can she even fit in her mom jeans? She needs to go on Celebrity Fit Club.

GaPeach

She should've waited to announce this....makes her look silly and low-class announcing it now so soon after Nick's announcement.

Cyndi

Pregnant and fat.

Cyndi

Gee, I wonder who paid for the ring, since he's unemployed. Now that I think of it, I guess he's got a job now. Jessica's paid companion. Wow Jess, how pathetic.

JG

guess riding the bench = football star

Joao

Posted at 3:48 PM on Nov 14, 2010 by Throwback kid

Like your analogy of Tori Spelling's husband, whatever his name is-but he was around for the MONEY, and lots of it. Tori Spelling is no beauty queen by any stretch-and last I look nobody was banging my door down for a hookup.

Nick, while definitely easier on the eye than this Eric person, was along for the ride. I think he did a CD that flopped, but 99% of the junk that comes out nowadays are flops as far as I'm concerned. But he was skating by with his looks and the Jessica connection.BTW, who is she? Outside of the "Chicken of the Sea" - which was an education for me, because I had never thought about what it meant, and took me a while to process even after it was explained (which was the only thing I saw of that, whatever it was show).

In all fairness, Nick has put on some pounds, I can see him in about 10 years from now, and he's not going to be all that. They all need to get in line for the D-List celebrity rehab, weigh loss, fear factor shows.

Finally, I have to agree with all of you, she should have waited, nothing could be more pathetically obvious than her untimely announcement. I had thought with her sort-of religious background, she would have at least announced plans to marry shortly after discovering she was pregnant.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments