Michael Jackson -- First Single Released

11/15/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first official single from the new Michael Jackson album was just released on MichaelJackson.com -- "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon.

Michael Jackson's Hold My Hand

As we previously reported, Akon returned to the studio recently to put the finishing touches on the track.

The full album is due out December 14.

Cathy

In the book it says that only Katherine, Rebbie and Michael were baptised in the churck - nothing about LaToya. Perhaps she had her doubts and didn´t go all the way. I don´t know.

Posted at 1:53 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Siggisis
________________________________________________________

I've read numerous other books that claim La Toya was devout. She actually stopped talking to certain people she knew who had walked away from the faith. At one point, the elders of the church told Michael he had to stop talking to her because she'd associated herself with someone who'd been thrown out. I forget the details, but La Toya and Janet found Michael crying about it. This was long before the whole La Toya press conference in 1991. Many people don't realize this, but La Toya and Michael were extremely close for most of their lives. This was in part because they both shared a love for the JW religion.

I disagree with the person who said thank God Michael got away from the JWs. I am not a JW and would never consider becoming one, but I do believe that people need religion in their lives to ground them. In Michael's case, I think being a JW gave him an anchor, something he desperately needed. I felt sad when I heard radio host Steve Harvey say that Michael said to him years later, "Steve, I want to go to church." I think Michael craved all the things that religion gave him and really missed having it in his life, yet he felt he had no choice but to leave the JWs after they placed impossible restrictions on his career. It really was too bad. I don't think the beliefs of the JWs ever really left him. Some fans were furious when they saw Michael's children with JW pamphlets after his death. I don't think Michael would object. I think this was one of the few stable influences in his life, and that he always missed it.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I love it. Can't wait for the whole album. I sure wish Mike was here to do the videos.

Siggisis

Posted at 2:36 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Cathy

OK, thanks for explaining about LaToya. I knew that Michael and LT were close for most of their lives - just not the bit about LaToya. I wonder why Katherine didn´t talk about her in that connection.

About MJ3 and the JW pamphlets, Michael knew about that before he died. Katherine gave Grace some children´s pamphlets from the church and asked her to read them to them, which she did. Michael knew about this and didn´t mind.

Siggisis

I meant to say: about LaToya being a devout JW.
Sorry - tired.

janja

I think it's sad that Akon's is not being mentioned in tow with this great duet, I have heard this on before I believe it was a tease from Akon.

Sandy

MJ I love it!!!

Its great

The King of Pop - Michael Jackson

MJ I love you and miss you very much. Wish you were here.

Come back MJ!!!!

Love Deborah

linda

i had tears in my eyes very nice song, easy to listen to good job michael

snoop sucks

sounds like something that would be played on the 80's radio.

Cathy

Posted at 2:50 PM on Nov 15, 2010 by Siggisis
__________________________________________________________

No prob. Again, I've read numerous accounts that La Toya was devout. This was part of the reason why the family was so struck and horrified and mortified when she hooked up with Jack Gordon and began acting crazy. They could not understand it because she was so self-disciplined for most of her life - more than most anyone else in the family save Katherine. Perhaps too self-disciplined which explains why she went crazy for a time and totally flew off the handle.

No idea why Katherine didn't refer to this in Schmuley's book. She has referred to it in other material.

Thanks for the info about Michael and his feelings about the kids and the JWs. I honest to goodness don't think he would mind the kids being exposed to it. It really anchored his life I think, and he hated to leave but felt he had no choice. He loved music more, and the JWs were too restrictive and unreasonable. But there were parts of the religion that really did him good (I think). I do agree with Schmuley that when Michael lost the JWs and then eventually lost the close connection with his family, that was when he lost his sanity. I totally believe that. A slow nervous breakdown. And the loss of family and religion only served to speed it up. JMO.

eddie

Michael Jackson's so-called dr. MURRAY is a BIG FAKE!,...as well as The WILL,...Estate Executors,SONY,AEG and the FAKE Song called "HOLD MY HAND" !!

The Estate's Leeching Crooks( Branca & McClain will be Stealing MILLIONS of Dollars off the TOP from Each Songs deals make in the new the ABLUM!!

Tell me why is it that Michael Jackson Parents Joe & Katherine Jackson MUST BEG those CROOKS for a Few Thousands Dollars from their SON's BILLION DOLLARS Estate??? (Something is VERY WRONG with this PICTURE!!!)

Chic

Michael is a Christian and so is his brother Marlon. He is in
Heaven!

DM

Lovely, lovely, lovely...definately brings tears! Thank you Akon...you and Michael sound wonderful together.

Chris

Very, very, very disappointing. I'm one of the people who gave it a "5" and that was being generous. I think most people are just being kind because he's dead. Thankfully, "Breaking News" is a "10".

eddie

#263 Typo error!

( from each Song Deals maded from the New Ablum!! )