Michael Jackson -- First Single Released

11/15/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first official single from the new Michael Jackson album was just released on MichaelJackson.com -- "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon.

Michael Jackson's Hold My Hand

As we previously reported, Akon returned to the studio recently to put the finishing touches on the track.

The full album is due out December 14.

l

Cherwood

Heartbreaker - Pt. 2......
Do you know where your LISTENING SKILLS are???
If you want to hear an unreleased track that SHOULD be released, chew on this:
OWWWWWWW........Now THAT'S MY MICHAEL!!!!!
Cher
MJJ Justice League 2009--WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD!!!
No Peace till Justice!
MICHAEL--IL.O.V.E.U4EVER and MISS-U-SO-MUCH!!

Anonymous

Everyone turn down the volume of rhetoric and just let the fans hear the music and decide if they like it! So far, so good. This is the voice of an angel. I can't wait for the album. Akon, you are special. We love MJ and know his music when we hear it. And nobody knows MJ's music like we do. So everyone let us hear the music and quit telling us what we should listen to. If it's no good or isn't the real deal, we will know before any of you do. Leave this to the fans!

Michelle

After hearing this song the way it is supposed to sound I am soooooooo excited at what is coming up on this album. The people involved knew Michael’s music.

He is still the King of Pop. The others are pretenders.

em

Hey, I just noticed the shadowed body,arms and hands are in the formation of an M :) lol

Margarida Maria

This music is pretty ! I liked very. When I heard this music I was touched myself. I want to buy the Cd ( " MICHAEL " ), when it will be for the sales here in Brazil.
Congratulations for AKON, and Michael Jackson.
I desire much success of sales for this CD, for this music
HOLD MY HAND.
Michael Jackson FOREVER ! I love you Michael ! God is to its side.

Jonathan

i love that song but the song keep my head up is amazing and it was leaked so listen to the sond keep my head up that was leaking some day ago

The Netherlands

I love it!
LOVE MJ!!!!!!!!!!

The Netherlands

Alice(from Romania)

Michael Jackson, 'Hold My Hand' (Feat. Akon) -- New Song

Michael Jackson's 'Hold My Hand' is the first official single from the King of Pop's upcoming album, 'Michael.'

The song was written by Akon and Claude Kelly, and recorded by the Senegalese singer and Jackson in 2007. However, a demo version of the song leaked on the Internet in 2008.
"The world was not ready to hear 'Hold My Hand' when it leaked a couple years ago," Akon said in a statement. "We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I'm so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all-time idols."

Akon finished production on the song after Jackson's death in 2009. 'Hold My Hand' follows the release of 'Breaking News,' which debuted on Nov. 8.

The statement also said that it was Jackson who wanted 'Hold My Hand' to be the first single on his next album. In a separate press release, Kelly added his thoughts about the song.

"In 2007, I co-wrote a song called 'Hold My Hand' with Akon. A good friend and dope engineer, Exit Goodchild made it sound like magic. My idol, Michael Jackson recorded it and made one of my lifelong dreams come true. It was slated to come out ... what happened next the whole world knows. It's now 2010, and although the cir***stances are bittersweet, I am still honored and proud that 'Hold My Hand' will have its day in the sun. Grateful."

'Michael,' set to be released on Dec. 14, will also feature collaborations with Lenny Kravitz and 50 Cent. Until you can get your hands on the full album, listen to 'Hold My Hand' and more hits from MJ on AOL Radio's All Michael Jackson station.

Andy

Mot enough MJ on it, too much Akon, who obviously cannot sing as he needs to audio tune his own voice.

themaestrosgirl

Now let's get this song to no. 1 and let Michael (and Akon :-)) show 'em how it's done!!! L.O.V.E.

kristine

i LOVE TMZ IT IS THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER OF ACCURACY!!!!! :D

The Netherlands

The Netherlands

I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE
I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE