Bruce Beresford-Redman In Federal Custody

11/16/2010 9:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bruce Beresford-Redman has been arrested and is in federal custody, TMZ has learned.

1116_bruce_bereford_doc_launch_EXD_2

Bruce was arrested at his house in Rancho Palos Verdes, outside L.A., a few minutes ago.  U.S. Marshals and the FBI conducted the arrest.  We're told the arrest is for extradition to Mexico.

Mexican authorities issued an arrest warrant in May for the former "Survivor" producer, in connection with the murder of his wife, Monica Burgos Beresford-Redman.

The federal complaint alleges a forensic expert examined Bruce's hotel room and found blood stains on a pillar in the room, on the sheets and on a railing.

And the complaint says two teenagers in the hotel room below Bruce's were awakened by "screams, crying for help and extremely loud banging from the room above ... it sounded like a woman in extreme distress."

According to the complaint, "The fact of BERESFORD's affair was confirmed through emails obtained by the Mexican authorities in which BERESFORD admitted to his wife that he had been unfaithful."

The complaint claims an employee at the hotel witnessed Bruce "attempt to physically assault the woman," whom he later identified as Monica.

And, according to the complaint, after Monica disappeared, authorities observed scratches/abrasions on Bruce's hands, behind his ear, on his left shin and his right ankle.

Bruce will be in federal court in downtown L.A. tomorrow.

Mee

Too bad there's no death penalty in Mexico, but they do shoot prisoner's who "try to get away" if you know what I mean.
But this one has money for upkeep; laws may be bent.

And the CARTELS DO HELP OUT WITH ALOT OF THE DISCIPLINE since they are all like family.

JMTPVP

Thank you for getting this creep out of my neighborhood. Now....please do something to get those children away from the fools that raised the murderer and into the loving arms of their mother's family. I hope the rest of his days on earth filled with agony.

Sincerity

WHAT TOOK THEM SOOO LONG!!! This man could have had plastic surgery and left the country by now! It will be interesting to see how long it will take the Mexican justice system to put this guy on trial. I suspect with a VERY GOOD AND WELL CONNECTED Mexican lawyer, he'll get off.

Caroline

Best news I've heard all day.

EDITA ON STEROIDS

if he didnt want to subject himself to any legal systems or prisons then he should NOT have killed his wife. He tried to run, lmao..his Ace is going back back

john smith

In my opinion Bruce will commit suicide within a few months, a man who did'nt have the courage to get a divorce because he was scared he would lose his house and assets, will never be able to survive Mexican prison. It's sad that it took so long to arrest him and that Monica's sisters, and parents were treated so poorly by the judge in the custody case who made lot's of ruling in favor of this killer and his family. I was a friend of Monica's for eight years and this piece of **** should already be six feet under. I remember Monica's mom crying at many press conferences and her dad breaking down at her memorial as he tried to give a speech at her memorial on Memorial day. The hard work of Monica's sisters, Mom and dad to bring this killer to justice has finally paid off. I bet one of the FBI agents arresting Bruce was Monica's friend Clyde who works south central. RIP MONICA!!!

ac

Thank God!! It was about time!! Now lets hope real justice will be served!! Wow!! Very good!! Really Good!!

ac

... and yes... I dont understand why the crazy parents that helped this murder to murder his wife got custody of the kids...??!! Really!! How??!! :O

MikeP

Man, he is soo screwed.
"As you sow so shall you reap"

Have a great time Bruce!

Lais

I am Brazilian and I follow the news here in Brazil this case. From the first moment we all knew he was the killer, the American justice system was very slow! But now the justice done. We, Brazilians, and honest workers deserve respect anywhere in the world!

JoAnn

Funny, he was arrested right after his parents were made guardians of his children. Bet that cost him a pretty penny. What a family of filth!

Sally

He needs to take his wedding ring off! If this turns out to be anything but how it seems, I'll apologize.

rcon1

She may have been killed because of her extra long hyphenated last name. I mean Monica "Burgos" "Beresford"-"Redman", what the hell is that? At what point do you have to say to yourself, I need no more last name names. Its bad enough to hear the ordinary two last name feminist liberal chicks but three I dont know were this ends.

frank

Complete Twilight Zone...but, I had sushi with these guys on one of their first dates.

lalaland

A tragic story to be sure. I don't understand how anyone, much less two females, can say they were awakened by "screams, crying for help and extremely loud banging from the room above ... it sounded like a woman in extreme distress." wouldn't at least call hotel security. Were they too tired to get out of bed? I wonder how they're feeling right about now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments