« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Derek Jeter Shows Interest in Houston Astros

11/16/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So, there we were ... face-to-face with Yankees free agent Derek Jeter in L.A. yesterday ... but when we asked what it would take to get him on the Dodgers -- dude seemed to be focused on Houston.

111610_derek_jeter_video
Jeter spent his afternoon in Pink Taco (naturally) ... and rolled out in a super expensive Maybach (also naturally).

We're guessing it's only a matter of time before he gets another fat contract with the Yanks.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Andolini

OOHHH but it does matter...Derek is a Yankee man..through and through..Sjhame on you TMZ spreading lies about Our Capitan..Houston??? come on!! You guys made this up..Now the Dodgers I might believe but Houston?? Nope..a Yankee's man through and through...

like the way you think RC!!

wtfdude

He love New York and will never leave even for less money ....

Jerry Hitzman

Didn't grow up in Mich.---From Grenwood Lake N. Y.

Throwback kid

Does anyone know why Jeter dumped Jessica Alba?

namers

He will enter the HOF as a lifelong N.Y. Yankee.

28 in '11

www.EvilEmpireWest.com

Marilyn Monroe

Send him to Houston so his horny azz can rest on a farm but leave that saddle-bag girlfriend in LA with the other circus freaks.

In My Own Words

Derek Jeter has said in interview after interview through the years. He is a career Yankee and ALWAYS will be a Yankee. He has been quoted as saying he would retire first before playing for any other team. End of discussion period.

chick

Ugh.., I became Yankee fan last year BECAUSE of Derek Jeter.
I don't know what to do if he quits Yankees. I knew his contract is over this year, so I had to see him at ballgame, so I went to Texas for seeing him at ALCS, but I hate Texas!
Anyways, I was at ALCS game 1 Yankees vs Rangers. Yankees were losing and I couldn't belive it after I flew all the way to see him!!! At 7th innning, when Derek Jeter was on the dugout, I screamed " I love you Derek Jeter! I LOOVE YOUUUU!" but Derek was strike out. However Other Yankees scored 5 points!!!! I realized my love made a bit of difference. If Derek quits Yankees, I will not go to see another Yankee game period!

Mike

this is all stupid!!!
Derek Jeter is going no where!! He doesnt want to go and the Yankees dont want him too either!!
Everything else is just a formality..They will work out something for the both of them to be happy!!
THERE IS NO DOUBT JETER IS ALWAYS A YANKEE!!!!
I DONT EVEN GIVE ANY OTHER NEWS ABOUT IT A SECOND THOUGHT CAUSE ITS A WASTE OF TIME

Joe

he said the camera guy had a houston hat on ? how does that mean anything ?

danny

Houston has an outstanding young SS and does not need a has been that has to cheat about a ball hitting him to get on base these days.

Pink Taco

Jeter was in Pink Taco because thats where the Ladies are at

He is a hero and wherever he lands he deserves all the money in the world.

He is a true winner

brittany

OMG i was so excited when i read the title, but then i watched the video and got so un-excited... Stros before bros and hos

pertim2

Derek Jeter will be a Yankee until the day he can no longer breathe. Jeter is the definition of a franchise player and it's absurd to think that he would play anywhere but the Yankees.

Even if history is in favor of the Yankees letting him go, as they did with Craig Nettles, Derek Jeter puts fans in the seats and is the face of baseball. How many other players will always say the right things at the right times?

All in all, in a season where he could possibly reach 3000 career hits, you know he will put fans in the stands. As the numbers also prove, he is ahead of where Pete Rose was at that stage in his career.

Punkhead

He should totally go.Roger Clemans and Andy Pettite have been there oh and I forgot the big Puma Lance Berkmna they have probable told him how fun it was to be here! LETS GO JETS, C'MON DOWN HERE

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments