Kardashian Baby

Hospitalized Over Peanut Butter

11/22/2010 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ambulances raced to Kourtney Kardashian's Calabasas home last night after her 11-month-old son Mason suffered an allergic reaction ... and TMZ has learned it was all traced back to peanut butter.

Mason Kardashian In Hospital
Kourtney and Mason were transported to a nearby hospital -- while baby daddy Scott Disick followed in his car -- after Mason consumed some PB and "didn't react well to it."

We're told Kourtney placed the call to 911 and paramedics insisted that the baby should be taken to the hospital for further evaluation.

But this story has a happy ending -- we're told Mason was deemed "totally fine" -- and now the whole fam is back at home.

patty

and we care about this story, why??? Miracle, the drunk daddy was home!

Kourtney is another dumb ass too! All talk no action...

reallyirked

Thank goodness Baby Mason is ok. Why didn't they know you should not give peanut butter to children under age 2. That is one of first things my doctor told me 23 years ago when I had my first child. Everyone knows it. So very glad he is ok!!!

truth

who cares

Tracy

Allergic reactions are not a matter to be taken lightly....whether the mom is a "dumb ass" or not. I'm glad the child was ok and kudos to the mom for taking immediate action!!

IndyGirl

I hate when people say 'who cares' when it involves the welfare of a baby/young child. Peanut allergies are VERY serious. Doctors tell parents not to give peanut products to kids under 2yrs just for this reason. Good thing Kourt & Scott reacted quickly and Mason is fine. This could have ended badly!

Chris

Idiots. Babies aren't supposed to have peanut butter.

D

So which moron gave him PB? My vote is Scott.

Durp

Ya know I'm not usually the one to say this but what was the point of reporting on this?

Ms Kris

glad Mason is OK

kid will be a year old next month

His 1st time he was given peanut butter & he can not have it

HOW does any parent learn this? I do NOT like Scott BUT getting mad at a parent giving their 11 month old peanut butter is NOT something to get mad at them about or make fun of them about

jwoolman

Hopefully he doesn't have a long-term allergy to peanuts - but peanut butter and nut/seed butters in general or any very sticky material can be a problem for very young children simply because the pipes are so narrow compared with an adult and so it's hazardous for purely physical reasons.

It is indeed wise to be careful about feeding babies anything with high potential for allergic reactions, though, since their immune systems are less developed.

adriane

The pediatrian should have warned the family that anything w/nuts, especially PB, should not be given to a child until the child is much older. I'm glad they got the help they needed. And the baby is okay regardless of the parents' behavior.

Bmandh

I was never told that you couldn't give children under 2 peanut butter. I thought it was honey? There are so many things with peanut butter in them they probably had no idea. I'm glad Mason is ok.

Aileen (Canada)

Mason is delicious, the most gorgeous baby ever!

walax

Peanut butter jelly time!

Bubbles The Chimp

Feeding the baby peanut butter at that age? The Kardashians are dumber than I thought. Geez.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments