Kardashian Baby

Hospitalized Over Peanut Butter

11/22/2010 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ambulances raced to Kourtney Kardashian's Calabasas home last night after her 11-month-old son Mason suffered an allergic reaction ... and TMZ has learned it was all traced back to peanut butter.

Mason Kardashian In Hospital
Kourtney and Mason were transported to a nearby hospital -- while baby daddy Scott Disick followed in his car -- after Mason consumed some PB and "didn't react well to it."

We're told Kourtney placed the call to 911 and paramedics insisted that the baby should be taken to the hospital for further evaluation.

But this story has a happy ending -- we're told Mason was deemed "totally fine" -- and now the whole fam is back at home.

Uh oh i am screwed

How could they not know about not giving a child that young peanut butter?

My sons peditrician stressed it over and over, gave us hand out after hand out and there are no allergies in our family!

Glad that he is ok, but it could have been so much worse!

He does sound like a little trooper though as he wasn't phased by all the commotion <3

me

i was never told not to give my kid peanut butter or anything with nuts before the age of 2, i didn't give my kid peanut products before age 3 because i'm paranoid. so it is possible her pediatrician didn't tell her either.

Becky

I'm glad Mason is ok I hear that if a person just smells Peanuts they can have a reaction but I don't know if it's true or not. Well wishes to the whole family I know what it was like to take my child to the emergency room & for my child to be admitted to the hospital my daughter was sick a lot as a child but she is a healthy teenager now.

Caligirl

And if this is chronicled on their TV show and a camera crew was there to capture this 'moment' I am going to puke.

Celebrities Suck

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, you should wait until your child is 3 years old to introduce peanuts and peanut butter. Her son is to young to even be eating peanut butter...

LADYJANE

What was she to busy to take any parenting classes. Everyone who is a good mother knows you don't try peanut butter until the child is at least 2yrs old. Good job Kourtney

Val

The mother is a dumb as a stick and the father is a drunk. The kid stands no chance with these two morons as parents.

Rey

For everyone who is asking why is this news and who cares. I do, I am hoping she speads the word and sponsers some organizations. My children have an anaphlactic allergy to peanuts. They can't even beath in the dust or touch it.I found out when my daughter was two and I tried to let her taste my sandwhich. Children die over this allergy all the time, and there is no going out of it. Some of you are cold hearted. It makes me cry to know that people don't care about innocent children. It is sad.

passin thru

mason has his daddy's EYEBROWS...bwhahahahahah...or shud i say..
MWAHAHAHAHAA
cuz he looks EVIL

Whatever

What I don't get is that when I was a kid, each and every kid in my school ate peanut butter and I knew NO ONE in my school allergic to peanuts. My graduating class was almost 800 kids, so it's no small fluke. Why are kids allergic to peanuts and peanut butter today? Something's up.

KristinaLA

I'm glad Mason is fine but I feel sorry for him having Kourtney and Scott as parents. I agree that they're dumb. I can just imagine future drama that kid is going to have to endure if he stays in the custody of those two.

Lainey

That is why there are so many PB allergies out there lazy parents give their children peanut butter too early in life their body is not meant to break that down yet...Hey Kourtney why don't you just give him a bottle of honey to wash that down...nothing like a good case of botulism to go with it!

Jenn

@ "whatever": something's up alright. Peanut allergy is like caused by vaccines since they use "ground nuts" (aka peanuts) in vaccines as an ingredIent- I think as an adjuvant. Google it up.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

TAKE OUT BIG INSURANCE POLICY AND LOAD UP ON HONEY PEANUT BUTTER AND THEN ITS PARTY TIME

Jenn

Check out the vaccination/peanut allergy connection @ www.peanut allergy.com
Or www.avoidingmilkprotein.com/vacandpea.htm

Peanut oils are being injected into kids with vaccinations.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments