Kat Von D's Cat Dies in House Fire

11/22/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kat Von D suffered two devastating losses at the same time this weekend -- when a fire ripped through her home in the Hollywood Hills ... taking the life of her beloved cat Valentine in the process.

Kat Von D's Cat Dies
Sources tell TMZ the house fire call came in at 11:23 PM on Saturday night -- and six fire trucks and two ambulances responded. It's unclear if Kat was home at the time. We're told it took 30 minutes to extinguish the flames.

Kat tweeted the heartbreaking news about Valentine early this morning, saying, "my house burned down last night with my cat inside."

Kat later tweeted a picture of her charred home (above left) saying, "In order to gain everything, you must lose everything" -- followed by a pic of her cat (right) with the text "R.I.P. My little Valentine."

Calls to Kat's rep have not been returned.

Darvon

I think the cat survived, but the hair didn't.

juan

jewish fourth of july.....LOL

Wendy

Everytime I read a news article about someone there are always people who post horrible negative things. Why are these people reading these articles, much less taking the time to post a comment if they dislike the subject so much? Get a life. Go spread your negativity elsewhere.

I feel for Kat. What a horrible thing to have to deal three days before Thanksgiving.

whatevs

...I just hope it wasn't arson. Nobody deserves that.

PrincessGinger

Sorry for the kitty :(

ric

karma's a B.... KAT IS DISS GUT STING!!

JLS

Terrible news! I am very sorry for her loss! To lose your beloved cat in a fire is just horrible.

RIP Valentine. I will say a prayer for you today.

JLS

This breed of cat doesn't have hair. Chinese hairless or ? I've seen them before.

Can we trade some of these nasty and stupid posters for the cat?I hope so..... They aren't worth this cat's little toe.

John

That's not a cat.

This chick just needs to go away. Then again, pretty much everyone in hollywierd and those seeking their 15 mins all need to go away.

Jenn

Doesn't matter who she is.. Its horrible for anyone to lose their home AND on top of that, a pet as well. Anyone who brings up ill feelings about Kat is really taking this where it shouldn't be. Its sad whether she is famous or not. I have had many chances to meet with Kat and she is a sweet girl. I'm not the type to follow celebrity ANYTHING, but this just has to be pointed out as sad.. I love cats no matter how odd they look..

Jenn

South Side

Sorry for your loss...but DAMN that cat is FUUUUUGLYYYY!

Nay

Sorry for your losses Kat. It is most difficult to hear you lost your beloved Valentine.

ryan

I like the ouija (weegee) board the cat is randomly sitting on. Sorry couldn't remember how to spell it.

JON