Kat Von D's Cat Dies in House Fire

11/22/2010 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kat Von D suffered two devastating losses at the same time this weekend -- when a fire ripped through her home in the Hollywood Hills ... taking the life of her beloved cat Valentine in the process.

Kat Von D's Cat Dies
Sources tell TMZ the house fire call came in at 11:23 PM on Saturday night -- and six fire trucks and two ambulances responded. It's unclear if Kat was home at the time. We're told it took 30 minutes to extinguish the flames.

Kat tweeted the heartbreaking news about Valentine early this morning, saying, "my house burned down last night with my cat inside."

Kat later tweeted a picture of her charred home (above left) saying, "In order to gain everything, you must lose everything" -- followed by a pic of her cat (right) with the text "R.I.P. My little Valentine."

Calls to Kat's rep have not been returned.

Courtney

I know exactally how she feels.. In March it will be 2 years ago since i lost my house and my cat in a fire. It was the worst 3 days of my life.. the fire happened the 19th , my other halfs dad died on the 20th ( which the only reason we werent in the house was to pick up money from my uncle for his trip) and we had to put the cat to sleep the 21st because the fire... Keep your head up Kat..my heart and thoughts and prayers are with you ..

A Fan

It hurts to loose a pet! But it is that the cat before or after the fire??? That's a scary looking cat.

yea

thats one ugly fu k ing cat the world can do without.
thanks fire.

NelsonH

Ugly former cat.

Kat49

#40 Kat announcing on twitter about the fire and her cat had to do with her sparing with a fan on twitter. The fan was mad because he did not get an autograph from her at the airport and was told to f$ck off.

Nicole

that poor cat its too bad they couldn't of saved him

John Stone

Ugly ass cats like that need to die. Yuck.

Pound Sand

Shame on you people who make a joke about this and say she deserved it. Wow I hope people show compassion for you when something awful like this happens to you. Really sad.

Sorry for your loss of your kitty!

Daisy

Blah Blah Blah..

Sorry about the cat, but stop making ppl feel sorry for you. What a sad picture you posted of yourself in your burnt house. Im sure you have the Insurnace money to rebuild another one or the money you have from selling yourself out. Be original what the hell happened to you.
Word of advice stop trying to look morbid stop burning all those candles. Makes you look like a depressed idiot.

kake79

I pray that somehow the cat actually escaped the house unharmed and is out wondering around on the streets.

To someone that said they thought it was a Chinese hairless. You're confusing a hairless cat breed - a Sphinx - with a dog breed call a Chinese Crested. While the CC is called hairless, it isn't strictly so. It has "furnishings" (hair on the head, feet, and tail). They also come in a powderpuff which is fulled furry. Which is the kind I have. He's the best little dog in the world!

christopher

This woman is a legitimate artist. You'd think there might be a hint of discussion as to whether she lost years of irreplaceable artwork. I'm sad for her cat dying and that's horrible and all but I'm curious as to anything else was lost that's irreplaceable. For her sake.

She just released another book and I'd imagine that like all artists, much of her work would be stored at her house. Now that would be double heartbreaking. You can replace almost everything except photos, letters, pets and original artwork.

noelle

Feel bad for the kitty... but something about Karma burns badly here.

Deb

Aww, that's awful. RIP.

Tonia

sorry :( but karma's a bi**h

Sophia