Oksana vs. Mel -- Tensions and Stakes Are High

11/22/2010 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva and Mel Gibson are in the same courtroom right now as Mel fights to strip her of custody, but so far not a word has been spoken between them ... and the tension is obvious.

1122_oksana_mel_BN_TMZ_02
Mel has avoided making any eye contact with Oksana, often looking at the ceiling.

As TMZ first reported, Mel is taking a radical legal step -- asking Judge Scott Gordon to strip Oksana of custody, prohibit overnight visits with Lucia and only allow her supervised visitation.  And as we reported, Mel's lawyers want the new arrangement for the next 6 months, after which the judge can re-evaluate it.

Oksana has been in and out of the courtroom with her lawyers.  Several witnesses are in the hallway, including Oksana's mother, music producer Jimmy Hoyson, the nanny, and the private monitor Mel hired.

They've been in court since 9:00 AM and the hearing is supposed to last all day.

Keep refreshing for the latest updates ...

UPDATE 1:40 PM PT -- Oksana's mom is getting ready to take the stand, with the help of an interpreter.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

TrumanD

Keep it up, Mel! Obviously he's figured out she's a Medusa.. DON'T LOOK IN HER EYES!!!!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Tell is the Queen of the Insult. :) She's great, eh?

Posted at 11:23 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Sam

Yep, I take notes. LOL

Posted at 11:27 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by angelika466

LOL.

I'm so bad at it, I have to ask my son to come up with insults for me! How lame is that?? lol.

KELLY

Keep it up Mel fight for your daughter!!!! Still praying for you. Good luck

azlee

well, if I saw a woman treating a baby that way, I'd do more then a light slap.......man would I ever.

fuddyduddy

she is going in and out of the court room for attention.

she wants mel to pay attention to her I bet.

Posted at 11:16 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by azlee
LOL!! That's probably right! She is trying VERY hard to get his attention! It's gone.

Zach Swan

Allowing Lucia to 'trick or treat' her way down the sex offenders registry would be preferable to allowing this unfit mother Oksana to retain custody. Still, the American justice system is grossly biased against fathers so the likelihood of the judge ruling in favour of Mel in this action would be remote under the best of cir***stances.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Azee: me too.

Shuffle Demon

Hi Everybody...I see Today at TMZ it's going to be all Mel and OxSanity day...lol...

voice of reason

Really quick because my boss is hanging around today -

Vigil lamps are still burning for you Mel. The Theotokos and St. Michael the Archangel are with you in that courtroom. And we all know what THAT means! :)

Posted at 11:12 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Babushka

Babushka

You believe in St. Michael the Archangel as I do. I have prayed he be with Mel to-day.

KenzieQ

This is the lowest thing Mel has ever done or tried to do. disgusting. smh.

writenow

Were this a normal couple - the judge - in this case the Commissioner would order evaluations for all (to a waiting bunch of court therapist favorites, conveniently lined up by attorneys for both parties)and ruling everything stays Status Quo until the reports come in. This way judges don't decide, it becomes dueling therapists. That's how the divorce and custody industry works. And if you weren't aware therapists are embroiled in and control the courts....then you're not paying attention. See www.Familylawcourts.com

Confused

she is going in and out of the court room for attention.

she wants mel to pay attention to her I bet.

Posted at 11:16 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by azlee

Posted at 11:30 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by fuddyduddy

I didn't think going in and out was allowed. Isn't that a disruption? But, then again, she always snubs her nose at the court.

fuddyduddy

I love St. Michael--THE WARRIOR ANGEL!! Gabriel was the peaceful angel, but Michael kicked butt!!! LOL!

Posted at 11:23 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by fuddyduddy

Travolta made a great angel.

Posted at 11:26 AM on Nov 22, 2010 by Sam
LOL! Yes, he did! The gospel according to John...great line in the movie!

theresa

does OG really suffer from Trichotillomania? an impulse control disorder characterised by the repeated urge to pull, and pulling, out one’s own hair, eyelashes, eyebrows and other body hair.

Bubbles The Chimp

Down with Racist Mel. He is a sociopathic abuser.