Ronni Chasen Left Millions of Dollars in Her Will

12/2/2010 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has just obtained a copy of murdered publicist  Ronni Chasen's will and other documents -- which estimate the value of her estate at $6.1 million ... and she intentionally stiffed one of her relatives.

Ronni Chasen Will

In the document, dated June 10, 1994, Ronni left her playbill collection and other memorabilia to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, provided when it's publicly exhibited she gets credit -- "from the collection of Ronni Chasen."

Chasen was charitable, leaving $20,000 to Hole in the Wall Gang Fund, Inc., $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation International, $5,000 to Women's Cancer Research Foundation, $5,000 to the American Film Institute, $2,500 to the Gilda Radner Cancer Program and $5,000 to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

According to supporting documents, another will was prepared for Chasen in 2006, but it has not yet been located.  Lawrence Cohen, Chasen's brother who is applying to be the special administrator, says he believes the will may be in a safe deposit box.

1202_ronnie_cut-out2_WM

In the 1994 will, Chasen left 3/4 of her estate to her mother, but her mom since died.  Given her mom's death, her niece, Melissa Cohen, gets a huge chunk of money and the charities listed above get a substantial amount of money as well.

And small amounts of money go to Big Sister Volunteers of Los Angeles, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Apparently Chasen did not like one of her nieces much -- she gives $10 to Jill Gatsby, stating, "I have intentionally and with full knowledge of the consequences omitted to provide for my niece, Jill Cohen, also known as Jill Gatsby, except for the gift of $10."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

SARA

Mean Spirited woman that Ronni Chasen to embarrass and insult her flesh and blood that way, a girl who needed her emotional support. Cruel, mean lady. Since she retaliated against people, that means she would do that to anybody and she got the wrong person worried so they had her killed to stop the damage she could do. She does not have my respect now at all. Putting that in her Will was uncalled for and mean-spirited.

SARA

IT WAS UNCALLED FOR AND CRUEL FOR HER TO PUT THAT IN HER WILL TO HER NIECE. SHE RETALIATES AND SHE PISSED OFF AND SCARED THE WRONG PERSON THAT SHE WOULD DO THAT TO THEM IN BUSINESS. NOT A NICE PERSON AT ALL.

melinda

If there is one person commenting who does not have a dysfunctional "bad relative"than you are in denial.When you have these relatives that have abused you during your life your lawyer will advise you(so they can not CONTEST will)to leave them a small amount.Our lawyer suggested one dollar as that is all it takes so they WERE left something and can not claim it was an oversight!This lady was generous !Besides what right does anyone have to the money you earned!I left all my money to charity and let relatives know"If I am paying,I am saying".

redman21

what a bitch why did she leave her nieces 10 dollar

meinto

It was her money to do with as she wished. If she chose to leave someone out of her will that was her right..

Peaches

SHE WAS APPARENTLY,....A BITCH ON WHEELS......HATEFUL ATTITUDE, THOUGHT SHE WAS BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE. wHY DID SHE HAVE A HANDICAP PLACK ON HER CAR REAR VIEW MIRROW...SHE WASN'T DISABLED.......TO LEAVE HER NIECE $10.00! ! ! WHY LEAVE HER ANYTHING AT ALL? ! ? ! ....SHE WANTED TO RUB IT IN HER NIECE'S FACE...THAT'S WHY! ! ! ......IF SHE DIDN'T LIKE HER NIECE, THEN JUST LEAVE HER ALONE AND DON'T LEAVE HER ANYTHING.......I SAY LET...THE COLD BLOODED BITCH ROT IN HELL............NO LOSS

djdell

I just saw this interesting article and don't know if Ronni (Veronica) Cohen Chasen was related. The page had been deleted already, but the cached information was still available (below). Apparently, the FBI conducted a raid on billionnaire Steven Cohen about a day after Ronni was murdered? Coincidence?

November 22, 2010

Ronni Chasen- aka Veronica Cohen Murder

Less than a week after the shooting murder of Veronica Cohen, aka Ronni Chasen, 2 Connecticut Hedge funds run by former managers of Steven Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors were raided by F.B.I. along with another fund, Boston-based, Loch Capital. (1)

According to online comments, the real name of the late, murdered Ronni Chasen was 'Veronica Cohen'.
If anyone has information that Steven Cohen of SAC Capital Advisors is related to the late Veronica Cohen, aka Ronni Chasen, please leave your name and the details at our convenient contact page.

According to online reports, the F.B.I. raided three hedge funds by about Monday, Nov. 22, 2010. Diamondback Capital Management LLC and Level Global Investors LP are the 2 Connecticut Funds which were run by former managers of Steven Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors.

Having the same last name does not necessarily mean two persons are related, but until the matter becomes publicly clear as to whether the late Ronni Chasen was related to Steven Cohen of SAC Capital Advisors, the murder-death of Ronni Chasen (Cohen) remains a mystery.

References

1. 'FBI Raids Hedge Funds: Diamondback, Level Global Investors Were Focus Of Search' at:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/22/fbi-raids-sac-hedge-fund-insider-trading-_n_786949.html, from Thomson Reuters article.(2)
2. 'FBI raids 3 hedge funds in insider trading case' at: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AL4DT20101122

ETownCanuck

Wow, it takes a completely vindictive bitch to leave someone $10.00 and a statement about deliberately omitting them. However, I guess a person doesn't care about appearing petty when they're dead. I can understand not leaving them anything at all, but to leave them a deliberate insult is a bit much. No wonder someone whacked her, she sounds like she was such an awesome person.

Midol

This has given me ideas as to where I can leave my money if there is any left as I am not leaving any to my sister and her kids (unless they change their crappy attitude)! I was nothing but generous and my mother thought overly so when her four kids were young but have no relationship with them now that they are adults. They all got plenty of money and more than they should have imo when an aunt and my mother died, have all been away to college and have good jobs. I worked much harder my entire life than these kids have so far and doubt will ever have to so they will be getting zero or maybe $1.00 as they have shown they care nothing for me at all by never sending so much as a Christmas card, phone call, and really don't know if I'm dead or alive.

I also plan, if anything is left, to leave my money to the friends and associates who have shown their kindnesses to me in various ways and to celebrate the good times we had during our association. My brother-in-law is a real weirdo imo and my sister has become much like him since she married the creep and she has always been the "my way or the highway" type ever since she was a child.

This or a similar situation could exist between Ronni and this neice.

emerald

My aunt left me $0. She left everything to my mother, her next of kin. I have no hard feelings at all- why should she leave me anything? The fact of leaving her niece $10 was an insult- it would have been far better to leave her nothing as my aunt did. I would love to know what went down to cause the animosity.

Michael Singh

Those lesbian's are the meanest. I hope another will was found and she changed her mind.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7