'Ugly Betty' Actor: I 'Killed the Demon Inside' My Mom

11/26/2010 11:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Brea -- the small-time actor who once appeared on "Ugly Betty" -- has an explanation for (allegedly) killing his mother with a sword: "I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside her."

1123-mike-break-bn-facebook-03

In a frightening interview with the NY Daily News, from the prison ward at Bellevue Hospital, Brea explained how God came to him in his sleep and told him it was to be his last day on Earth.

He recalls how he left his apartment because a man was trying to put a curse on him, and while riding the train to Brooklyn, he explains, "I felt like Neo from 'The Matrix.' I began hearing voices and feeling powerful ... They were asking about the difference between mom and mother. It was a sign."

By the time Michael returned home he knew he was going to kill his mother.  When she asked him to pour water from a pot in which she was cooking chicken, Michael attacked her with a sword, believing a demon had taken hold of her soul.

Michael says, "I was slashing my mom and I heard the police knocking on the door yelling, 'Michael, open up, Michael, open up,' but I knew they wouldn't open the door and stop me because the spirits were protecting me ... I just kept cutting her. No one could stop me. I was doing the work of God."

Brea has been charged with 2nd degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cecilia

First.

And shame on the NY Daily News.
It's clear this man is deeply disturbed and no way should they have conducted an interview with him from a psych ward where he is receiving medical treatment for extreme psychological issues.

And no way should Bellevue allowed it.

It feels blatantly exploitative and manipulative.

Pinky

@Cecilia: Right on.

tami

OMG what a terrible story the poor family !!!!

Lori

Are we sure this is true? How would they get access to him? Perhaps he called them, which indicates to me he might not be as crazy as he seems, but wants to build his insanity defense. Something smells fishy.

Jamaican sam

Isn't that....special. But could it be....SATAN?

val

Agree. Where this facts come from? From an civilized interview in front of a cup of tea ? The presentation of the "fact"is weird.
But never mind, all this seems to be a big SCHIZOPHRENIA crisis, a real disease. People with SCHIZOPHRENIA can kill people during a crisis when they hear voices and are not anymore in the real world.poor mother

CarolynAB

Bellevue Hospital should review its policies immediately. This man is a PATIENT who was brought in for observation and is on hold there after a violent episode. The Daily News should never have been given access to this patient, and no reputable lawyer would have allowed this interview to be conducted.

It's possible Mr. Brea is a schizophrenic.

And btw, TMZ, what is a "small-time actor"? This man appeared on a network TV show and in a movie. Not bad for a disturbed individual.

JDizzle

This guy is a nut. He should get executed just like he did his mother. He a F*#ken cowered.

pecker

why do these idiots always kill someone else and not themselves? it appears that the "evil" one is still alive. what a waste and what a tradegy.

juan

This wierdo should die also by the sword. Another very intelligent person who is setting up a sanity defense to justify his miserable perverted life. What a waste, well I guess he is waste. You bleeding hearts out there, this guy knew what he was doing and deserves the needle or chair. The tax payers should not have to support this s*** for life.

Bubbles The Chimp

So he claims he is insane? but is still wanting publicity. The guy is falsely claiming insanity with a weak overused story when he is just a violent murderer, in my opinion.

ChillzReborn

Wow! Now THAT is messed up! :-0

Mee

What an embarrasement to the Medical Community (psych hospital medical personnel) allowing a patient in his condition (obiously suffering from a psychotic break)and involved in an alleged horrific crime to be giving interviews.

dd

His poor mom loved him so much she let his grown ass live with her...PATHETIC WEIRDO!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

well I was interested in what he had to say..if you dont like it..dont watch it..jeeezzzzzz
this could be a beginning of saw6