Kim Zolciak

Real Pregnant,

Really Smoking

11/27/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE:  Kim's rep just got back to us, and insists the photo was taken October 3, and Kim did not know she was pregnant at the time.

Kim Zolciak
from "Real Housewives of Atlanta" took a smoke break while watching an NFL game a few weeks back -- it wouldn't be a big deal ... but Kim is three months pregnant.

1126_Kim_Zolciak_smoking_WM_EX
Here's the timeline: the photo was taken in Atlanta on November 7, outside the Georgia Dome. Two weeks later, Kim and baby daddy Kroy Biermann (who plays for the Atlanta Falcons) announced they were expecting.

In case you're thinking "Maybe Kim didn't know she was pregnant when she decided to smoke" -- well, think again. Kim told a tabloid this week she denied the pregnancy rumors in October because "[I] wasn't through my first trimester -- you never know what could happen."

Exactly.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Wow. Not cool Kim. You don't have any more self control? There is a fetus in your tummy that's trying to develop and you're feeding it poison?

I have to say though, for some reason I'm not surprised.

mandeline28

She's old and is probably using a surrogate, but wearing a fake belly for publicity. If not let's beat her down. It leads to kids with cleft palettes, asthma and many other problems. You selfish cow.

GEL

My wife smoked during her entire pregnancy with my 13 yr. old son. It had no affect on him at all. Shame on you TMZ to judge others.

Posted at 1:06 AM on Nov 27, 2010 by David V.

------------------------------------------------------------

Then David, you and your wife were very, VERY lucky. It is not assumptions that the medical field makes when they talk about the damage it does to babies to smoke while pregnant. I can certainly understand that it would be hard for a mother to not smoke while pregnant, especially if addicted to nicotine...but the reality of what this woman is doing (as well as what your wife did) is that they gamble with the life and health of their baby.

These are the reality of what is done to the baby when a woman smokes while pregnant (during ANY tri-mester)

The amount of oxygen available to the growing baby is greatly decreased.
It increases the baby's heart rate exponentially.
The woman greatly increases her chances of miscarriage and stillbirth.
It increases the risk that your baby is born prematurely and/or born with low birth weight.
It increases the baby's risk of developing respiratory (lung) problems. Things such as asthma ARE attributed to smoking while pregnant.
The more cigarettes you smoke per day, the greater your baby's chances of developing these and other health problems. There is no "safe" level of smoking while pregnant.

Look, I understand it's hard for a smoker not to smoke during pregnancy, but there ARE things Dr's can do to help...simply ignoring what can happen to the baby is IRRESPONSIBLE, and yes...STUPID. Right off the bat it shows that she cares more for herself and her wants/needs than she does the baby growing inside her that depends solely on her to thrive, and yes...I'm including your wife in that statement. Ever watch an ultra-sound of a baby reacting to the smoke/nicotine the mother ingests??? It's not pretty.

you may say "but what's the difference with women who drink"...really, none if they drink heavily or drink hard liquor. The only alcohol that is sometimes even recommended to help relax a pregnant woman is a glass of wine....an occasional glass of wine. Not a glass every day, not a whole bottle but a half a glas or a glass at the max OCCASIONALLY...the difference is, that red wine promotes digestion, relaxation, and oh yeah...it's not laden with chemicals, and it doesn't deprive the blood stream of oxygen. If a woman over-does it however, she's just as guilty as the woman who smokes.

Mom

For all of you that say so and so smoked and the kid is fine....How do you know that? How do you know what the child COULD have been? How smart that child COULD have been? How do you really know that smoking didn't affect that child? Can you see into the future? Can you see into some alternate reality and know for certain that that child would have the exact same life had it's mother not smoked?

My brother's ex smoked during her entire pregnancy too. My nephew seems ok, except for being very aggressive and somewhat behind his peers in learning. God only knows what he COULD have been or how it will affect his future.

If you can't stop smoking for 9 months for the life of your child, you shouldn't have children, plain and simple.

Melissa

She looks like a dude.

donna

your actually telling me some dumb ass football player knocked this disgusting {ya right your 35} douche bag up. just another way to stay in the limelight and to get a check every month. what happened to big daddy, accidently let him see ya without ya wig. oh ya you cannot sing to save your life. Kandi must be tone deaf.

fooey on joo

This guy David obviously, does not wear the pants in his family LOL! He needs to come prove his wife is right for smoking while pregnate because he feels guilty for not being a MAN and standing up for his ugly childs life.

Anyhow, Smoking is bad for Adults and bad for children..Its does nothing but make you ugly, grey looking skin, smell, ruins your teeth and makes you look WEAK with an addiction. YES WEAK! Most parents try to protect their children but selfish people like KIM and DAVIDS UGLY WIFE are only looking out for themselves and thier Weakness.

Pound Sand

There are unhealthy babies born every single day to mothers who smoke and mother who don't smoke. The real question here is.....why would any mother take the risk?

Ms_Tell

This is disgusting, in every aspect. She is such a POS, self absorbed attention whore, she shouldn't be allowed to reproduce anyway, but smoking while pregnant is the same as child abuse.

And to that moronic poster, David V., you are just as ignorant and naive as your POS wife if you think her smoking while pregnant with your son did not affect him. Just because it is not obvious to you does not mean there is no affect. Idiot.

Speaking The Truth

So I tweeted Kim today, and she responded back telling me the photo was taken two months ago...but as she is 3 months pregnant, that would still mean she was prego when she was smoking. I love how she doesn't bother to apologize, and just tries to spin everything. Trash.

anon

dude looks like a lady

timmsa

For those of you that have not read my previous post here it is again.
I have 2 kids the first 2 I didn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.
My oldest was born weighing 4 pounds 9 oz, he was 2 1/2 weeks early. now he has disabilities. He is mildly mentally challenged, learning disabilities, fine motor skills disabilities, type 2 diabetes, speech and language problems. My 2nd child now is adhd and bipolar. They boy have OCD ( obsessive compulsive disorder).
My 3rd child I smoked through my whole pregnancy, he was born on time and weight 5 pounds 15 oz. He is perfectly healthy. No medical issues. He just needs a little speech.

So I feel her baby will be fine.

Before you go making judgments on people you should walk a day in their life. I deal with judgments everyday in the public.
My kids get discriminated against because they have disabilities. You should never judge a book by its cover.

So those of you who this you are better than anyone else, do tell me why my 2 older children were born with these issues and I didn't smoke, drink or do drugs. Took very good care of myself, got plenty of rest, ate very good.
Do tell I am curious as to what your explanation for my boys issues?

monal

i could give a rats a*s*s about her. i hope she dies.

timmsa

Just because if was easy for you to quit smoking or whatever you gave up while you were pregnant may not be as easy for someone else.
And with my 3rd child, my doctor knew that I smoked, and he told me to cut down and not to stop completely because of the stress it would cause my baby.

monal

three kids - three daddies. smoking and drinking during the most important time of her pregnancy -what a role model she is.... and so many "supporters" cheering her on. This is what's wrong with America and why other countries are working so hard to kill us all.
Applaud Applaud Applaud....