Kim Zolciak

Real Pregnant,

Really Smoking

11/27/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE:  Kim's rep just got back to us, and insists the photo was taken October 3, and Kim did not know she was pregnant at the time.

Kim Zolciak
from "Real Housewives of Atlanta" took a smoke break while watching an NFL game a few weeks back -- it wouldn't be a big deal ... but Kim is three months pregnant.

1126_Kim_Zolciak_smoking_WM_EX
Here's the timeline: the photo was taken in Atlanta on November 7, outside the Georgia Dome. Two weeks later, Kim and baby daddy Kroy Biermann (who plays for the Atlanta Falcons) announced they were expecting.

In case you're thinking "Maybe Kim didn't know she was pregnant when she decided to smoke" -- well, think again. Kim told a tabloid this week she denied the pregnancy rumors in October because "[I] wasn't through my first trimester -- you never know what could happen."

Exactly.

KiKi

monal - how saying that you have no idea what is going on in her life the same as saying I'd approve rape or battery? That's a tad of a stretch don'tcha' think?

Fact is there was a time when it was fairly common for a good number of women to smoke before, during & after their pregnancy. We don't have several generations of massive defects as a result now do we? Is it ideal? No; however if she were for example a heavy smoker prior to becoming pregnant it is entirely possible her Dr told her it would be less stressful on the fetus if she cut back slowly rather than quit cold turkey.

But obviously you & everyone else here were w/ her at her OBGYN appts so you know for a fact she should have quit immediately right?? Please get over yourself; and stop worrying about people you don't even know.

Margeaux

How very unattractive. Does she know how hideous she looks? Makes me retch.

CLH

I am wondering if it is the (blue-tip) electric cigarette (that uses water vapors); I could only hope! Otherwise, she is beyond words! :(

noway

big deal!!!! most women smoked during pregnancy up until the 90s. Then it became taboo to smoke, drink or spank..and actually kids born in the 90s are mouthy,self righteous and disrespectful to adults. we need to go back to the "old days".

Celebrities Suck

they should call child protected care on this irresponsible twit... Poor baby!!!!

My friend smoked while she was prego which was also irresponsible of her, aslo. She ended up having children that suffer from asthma & bronchitis...

Jessica

I don't agree with what she's doing and actually don't even really know who she is haha BUT I have seen "cigarettes" that are made with marshmallows or something? I believe they are 100% harmless.

Balibod

They say if you are a smoker prior to getting pregnant you should not quit cold turkey as it causes "stress" to your body/system. That stress will effect fetus so Dr's have said to try and gradually limit the nicotine by cutting down rather then cold turkey. Maybe it was her ONE for the day. Big deal. It's not like she's smoking crack.

sheesh

She was just on the Live after show the other night and said she is NOT pregnant. She's a skank so maybe she was lying. Plus, she was drinking non-alcoholic drink, so maybe that's why. I hope she's not pregnant for the poor kids sake.

I'm just sayin

I didn't know trannies could have babies!

random

Very true about not quitting cold turkey everyone as it does create bigger issues when you do.

As well as people have been doing it for years.

In this day and age with all the ability to blog and comment - giving everyone written opinions and attack on anyone - that is more of the problem. If everyone making negative attacks recount their childhood - I am sure they have parents who did the just the same or worse.

What it all comes down to is what you have to live with by making your choice to potentially damage yourself and those around you.

okay, side note....i am watching the RHOA and sheree just pointed out her two kids to someone as "the two black ones".

wtfluck?

alisonmusic

My mom smoke during her pregnancy with me. In the end I was born 3 months early and weighed just over 2 pounds. I have had struggles all my life because of my early birth. There is really no excuse for smoking during this time, we know better today.

George210

I bet her baby daddy is regreting boning her, she's a money grubing chick that likes to entrap men with money.

Rick

She's such a loser! I feel bad for that baby, having a completely stupid and thoughtless mother like that.

Danielle

Posted at 11:16 AM on Nov 27, 2010 by alisonmusic
---------------------
There is no way to correlate your early birth to smoking. Of course you weighed two pounds at six months, that is common. Even the Duggar mom, who we know there are no smokers in that house, had a small baby early, and that baby will most likely have health problems all its life. Your lungs are not fully developed at six months.

Denny

No wonder she looks so much older than she really is.