Chia Obama -- Racist?

11/28/2010 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This commercial just ran in KCBS TV in Los Angeles, featuring a little stocking stuffer -- a Chia Pet, the Chia Obama edition. The question ... is it racist?
112810_obama_v2_still

Obama's "do" is caricature-like and, standing on its own, makes the Prez look like someone from "What's Happening!!"

The commercial also hawks Chia Pets of two other presidents -- Washington and Lincoln.  But it's clear the Chia Obama is the selling point.

So we ask ...

Luluie

I think I will get one of those chia Obama and place it in my garden window.

Joe

I think the Chia pet has MORE HAIR than Obama and I also think if a person says anything Negative about another race of people, that Race considers the Comment to be Racist. I notice that Blacks, especially, say any thing they want and get away with it, SO I have now come to the Conclusion that I can and will say any Dammned thing I want and if anyone don't like it they can Kiss my Anglo Saxon Ass on both Cheeks, one at a Time.

noneofyourbusiness

TMZ-The Sh*t Starters Of The Free World.......

Kmr1

Well, I'm black and I don't think it's racist. But I don't think all white people are racist either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Bob

I guess this would make Obamacare just water and plenty of light

Lou

It's just a friggin chia pet. Why does everything have to be racial? If you want one, get one. If you don't, let it go.
Come on America, wake up.Don't we have enough problems in these trying times?

crewmaxtundra

chia obama why would it even be racist. this is how he makes money on the side. the large minority that thinks it is racist, is responsible for the ignorance that is costing our countries freedom. chia obama is a capitalist socialist. he does not want to move back to the hood. i love the obama chia, but i will not buy it.

marcia

Doesn't even look like him.

Anonymous

Chia is a major improvement over the real thing. The man has good hair now and it is environmentally conscious at the same time. Plus chia is does not have any gray hair.

LIBS R NUTS

THE REAL RACE BAITING RACISTS ARE THE ILK OF TMZ TO SPAWN ITS USUAL LIB IGNORANCE AND HATESCREED

THE CHIA OBAMA HAS BEEN THROUGH TWO CHRISTMAS CYCLES ALREADY ,,

THE REAL RACISTS ARE THE TMZ STAFFERS WHO WROTE THIS

deni

Racist?? So anything that doesn't paint Obama in a glowing light is now racist? This is a good one - a Chia pet is racist...how desperate.

tina

O.K. so the Chia Pet's Special Limited edition... Presidents Washington, Lincoln and Obama? Are they serious? Let's see Washington was a slave owner Lincoln freed the slaves only to set them up to fail. I guess they threw President Obama in there as the chocolate icing on the cake.

Sure it's racist! This isn't the 1st time the "Obama" Chia Pet has been on the market. The Chia company released this foolishness last year Without Washington and Lincoln. Only then it was tagged as being a tribute to our countries first African American President. It's my belief that people complained about it last year and so they threw in the other Presidents so that people could say what's being said, "it's not racist, they made one of Washington and Lincoln". You fell for it... hook, line and sinker. SMH

Dan

Funny the commercial doesn't show the Hillary Chia Pet - saw it at Kmart.

HueJorgan

It’s not racist, it’s funny! Tell Harvey to get a sense of humor.

chiawoman

Chia ets have been an American icon for a long time. I s it racist? Get serious if you think so you're IQ must be south of 72. It is an honor. Lighten up. And to the dumbass who asked if there was one of Geroge W Bush what a LOSER.