Faith Evans Cuts Deal in DUI Case

11/29/2010 4:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Faith Evans -- a singer who was married to the Notorious B.I.G. -- has been sentenced to 36 months of probation after copping a plea in her DUI case ... TMZ has learned.

Faith Evans DUI
Evans -- who was popped in L.A. back in August -- was facing 2 counts of DUI ... but worked out a deal with prosecutors in which she agreed to plead "no contest" to the lesser charge of reckless driving instead.

Besides the probation, Evans must also pay $300 in fines, complete a 3-month alcohol program and must not drive with any measurable amount of alcohol in her system.

1103_celebrity_DUI_footer

Nicole

Niiice is Blair Berk her lawyer?

Mel Gibson

Dang Homie,

Jay

Hopefully she does better than Lindsay Lohan.

Nicole

@Jay
She only has to do a 3 month program, Lindsay had to do an 18 month second offender program and as long as Faith doesn't get another DUI her probation will be complete

TMZ dont like me

LMAO, that is the most fugged-up picture of Faith Evans I have ever seen!! TMZ hit the f-ed up pic jackpot this time! She look like a female version of Eddie Murphy from that classic SNL "White Like Me" comedy sketch!

dh

How the hell did she go from 2 counts of DUI to reckless driving? If that was a regular every day person there would have been no plea bargain, there would have been mandatory time behind bars, probably upwards of $20k in fines, and no license.

Pays to be rich and famous.

TMZ dont like me

That pic is so hilarious, I gotta comment twice! LOL, she look like a black girl in "whiteface"...

Pauly E

@dh it's 2 separate charges. One for DUI and one for driving with a BAC over .08. Also I'm a regular every day person and I had the same thing happen to me with the charges being reduced to reckless driving except I only got 24 months probation, 12 months less than Faith Evans. It can be a technicality, like the breathalyzer wasn't properly maintained, or the mishandling of evidence.

Hopefully she learned her lesson like I learned mine. Risking lives is stupid. Especially for someone who can afford a limo ride to any event/club/bar they wanted.

Jay

5. @Jay

Posted at 12:20 PM on Nov 29, 2010 by Nicole

Ok so I guess she will do better than Lindsay, thanks for the info Nicole!

big al

LMFAO!!!!!! why do yall got her in that picture looking like that!!!!! whoever chose to put that pic up is my new favorite person in the world for making me laugh like that!!!!

ANNA

Another celeb getting off easy.

Edward

What the hell is that, 1\2 man 1/2 woman half BREED!!!!!

rowdymike29

Is that a man? She looks like Rebecca Glass**** from Ru Pauls Drag Race LOL...

bstill

Is that a tongue grommet? That explains it all !

JonGalt

It sounds like she took a deal for a "wet" reckless driving which is about the same as a DUI as far as insurance and probation goes. If she drives after even one drink, she would become a second offender. She may have been right at .08 or very close so she was able to plead no lo contendere to the lesser charge.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments