« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Lets God Off the Hook for Dropped Pass

11/29/2010 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

God can stop beating himself (or herself) up for Stevie Johnson's dropped TD pass this weekend -- the Buffalo Bills star is finally taking the blame.

Stevie Johnson Twitter

Johnson -- who let the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers literally slip through his fingers in OVERTIME -- had twittered, "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!"

But today, he's changed his tune -- saying, "No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why?"

He added, "I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday i Wldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!!"

Johnson will have a chance to repent  when he lines up against the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday ... if he's not in church.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

jd

funny how he types just like he talks...uneducated.

passin thru

really? he got closer to god cuz he dropped the ball?
ok.

Ziggy

Too bad the NFL doesn't teach proper English to it's football stars. His English is atrocious and embarrassing. He should let a PR person prepare all of his public statements. Not only is he a fumbling loser, he's a flaming idiot.

Chopper

If he had been in church on Sunday instead of playing games maybe the Lord would have heard him cry out.

Jon Anon

God could not help Stevie Johnson because He was too busy helping Brett Favre run 10 yards.

tony

He shouldn't be blaming God-Blame the point spread-How much $$$ did the bull****ter make dropping that ball-Pro sports is rigged to the teeth

Paul Forde

I don't understand why people are so critical of Steve for his twitter comments. What he said could have come right out of the Hebrew Testament Lament Psalms, such as Psalm 22's statement: "My God,my God,why have you forsaken me?" Actually, Steve's lament followed by his resulting feeling of relief isexactly what the psalm writers experience so often: Crying out with bitter accusations against God followed by a sudden reverse of attitude, praising God for God's steadfast love and mercy. I applaud Steve for being so honest in expressing his true feelings to God--feelings which we all too often deny and then pay the price of experiencing no resolution at all to our bitterness. Please send a copy of this observation to Steve--he deserves it!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7