Suicide Gun Linked to Hollywood Publicist Murder

12/8/2010 6:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Cops have determined the gun used by a person of interest in the Ronni Chasen murder investigation matches the bullets used to kill the famous Hollywood publicist ... TMZ has confirmed.

1208_ronni_chasen_BN_TMZ_Getty_02

As the L.A. Times first reported, cops ran tests on the gun Harold Smith used to kill himself last week -- and the results showed the gun matched up with the bullets found at the Chasen crime scene.

Smith shot himself inside his Hollywood apartment building on December 1 as investigators attempted to serve him with a search warrant.

Story developing...

ABB

Crap! I guess the star whackers Dennis Quaid spoke of ARE real!

pitno

buy my dvds they are free

Casting

Do you have a GILF for a grandma? Or are you over 50 and over still have the guys falling all over you? A new beauty series is casting for seniors that are still sexy.
For casting information please send in a photo of your sexy granny or of yourself, if you’re the granny, along with you contact information and the reasons that make you or your Granny a GILF. sexygranny.casting@gmail.com

Kaaka

Only 2 motive for this killing... ROAD RAGE or GUN FOR HIRE:

Ok cops !! figure out which motive it is.

OrganicGrl

First, I read in the newspaper that the gun that was found by Mr. Smith was not gun, but now it is. I am sorry, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is a coverup. I don't believe that man killed this woman and I think someone else did and they don't know who...

Beverly Hills after all is nothing, but a movie scene...

dd

And the plot thickens.

marymac

OMG do we have the keystone kops working on this case? They initially said his gun didn't match and he wasn't connected to her murder.

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE THE DUDE WAS ROBBING HOUSES IN BEVERLY HILLS AND CHASEN MUST HAVE SEEN THE DUDE. HE AND HIS GANG OF THIEVES HAD HER PUT OUT. WHO WAS ROBBING THE HOUSES?? PARIS HILTON.

Caroline

Wow. I thought they had decided he was just running his mouth. So he was involved after all. I think he had to be hired by someone, that's what he said. It's too bad he managed to shoot himself because I think he would have started singing so he could cut a better deal for himself if he'd lived.

A. Conda

I don't believe this new found result on the ballistics. This is way too convenient. They got a suspect who was off kilter and a petty criminal, he drew attention to himself, when he got attention, he killed himself, the gun was reviewed and dismissed as not the one and after re-examination, it is the one and he is the guy !!!! If they put this to bed (case closed) after this test, we should be very suspicious.

Sad sad

Will wait to see what they say at conference but I thought they said it didn't match?

kevin

A lil confused here, not the same gun but the same bullets?

JB

Good thing it wasn't a black guy targeting and killing what he percieved to be a "rich" white person. That never happens, as only white people see color and target a specific race and then they are guilty of a hate crime. Guess this must have been a love crime - he loved her money

w