Wesley Snipes -- I'm Not Going to Prison ... Yet

12/8/2010 12:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wesley Snipes has less than two days to turn himself in to federal prison -- but dude's still hoping he won't have to ... telling Larry King tonight, "We still believe in miracles. Don't send me up the river just yet."

1207_snipes_larry_king2
As we previously reported, Wesley is set to begin his three-year prison sentence in Pennsylvania on December 9th for willful failure to file federal income tax returns ... after his six millionth appeal got denied.

Skippy La Rue

Umm...isn't it "SEND" me up the river? Just sayin'

John

Yes, but in Wesley's case it's up the river.

Annie

Come to Pennsylvania for Christmas Wesley. Like the judge said..the sooner you start the sooner it will be over.

get real

That Atty of his on LK show was a piece of work. Him and Joe Jackson must shop at the same Pimp store. Who would wear a suit like that on national TV. It was funny.

NDNchief

I wonder if wesley will be "Undisputed" in Prison?

DizzKid

@5. Dammit! You said it before me. :D

Truth

WHAT A BITCH!!! CHICA IS GUILTY AND REALLY, WHAT'S HE AFRAID OF AT A MIMIMUM SECURITY PRISON?? OH THAT'S RIGHT, HE WILL BE EXPOSED AS BITCH WHO GOES ON THE DOWN LOW.

WELCOME TO PENNSYLVANIA. HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE!!

LAWRENCE

I watched Larry King Live tonight and the only thing I could think was why he didn't get a better attorney. Seriously, his attorney wasn't the most well spoken individual especially for an attorney. Having Judge Joe Brown on only made me laugh. Of course Snipes didn't dissapoint when he pulled out the old race card. Sad, sad, sad.

brenda

If he skates on this, I'll never be able to watch "US Marshals" the same way again. Good luck, Wesley!

sloppy seconds

baaahahaha loser! don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

buh bye! have a good time! lmfao!

NDNchief

@6 great minds think alike. Then again we are posting on TMZ.

Pat

I'm not buying his B.S. He was trying to avoid paying his taxes, thats why he got involved with those people, and I'll bet there's a lot more to the story than he's letting on.

I know everything

send someone up the river

Fig. to send someone to prison. (Underworld. As done by a judge or indirectly by the police.) They tried to send me up the river, but my testimony got me off. I'm gonna send you up the river if it's the last thing I do.
See also: send, up

McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. ©
2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

sell down the river

A reference to cruelty to slaves in the deep south as compared to slave owners further to the north.

Wordwizard

Sonja

OH come on.. where are all the conservatives preaching and screaming about how THEY shouldn't have to pay taxes.. now that someone says hey... I thought I paid... my accountant screwed me...where are YOU??? come on... where are YOU?? Too much government right??? Well here is your cause, someone who is rich and got screwed by his handlers... right... I hope he goes to jail as Obsessed to PAY taxes.... because then he is YOUR hero right??... or no because he's black... only if it was Sarah Palin going to jail for not paying taxes...then it would be an act of martyrdom... we are one sick country.

OooooNooo!

Hmmm. . . didn't pay taxes and he is NOT on in Obama Cabinet? What went wrong?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments