Backstreet Boy Photos -- Naked Chicks and 'Halo'

12/9/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Backstreet Boy AJ Mclean got his hands on a bottle of Jack Daniels, a costume from the "Halo" video game, and a butt-naked lady -- and posed up for one of the most random photo shoots we've ever seen.

1208_aJ_GALLERY_LAUNCH_EX_wm
It was all for a session with photographer Tyler Shields -- the guy who shot those semi-naked Lindsay Lohan "Inferno" pics.

AJ has been battling his issues with alcohol for years -- and we're guessing this whole thing was some sort of artistic interpretation of his inner struggle.

Either way -- NAKED CHICK!

Rachel

I would think a recovering alcoholic would not think its cool to pose with a bottle of jack. Pretty stupid.

Rachel

Agreed mistresscukken in photo 7 he is clearly holding a bottle of jack. Not the best idea on his part.

feebee

Love that Costco Vodka, blacked out on it on Thanksgiving !!

mistresscullen

definetly not the best choice, but I have seen worse.

There was a guy running for the House of Representatives in my state that had photos posted on facebook holding a bottle of Jack, a pistol, and rocking a denim vest and cowboy hat. I don't know if this could be considered "artistic" anymore.

Disheartened supporter

Wow. I don't give a damn what alcoholic beverage it is. The bottom line is it is alcohol. I also don't care that it was "just for the photo shoot". That is in very poor taste and poor judgement for a recovering alcoholic to do that. Especially someone so high profile, where it's not like "oh lemme mess around with my cam at home". He knew people were going to see these pictures and still chose to do it. Well, he never claimed to give a crap what any of us think anyway. Guess we know where the people that give a crap about his wellbeing rate in his book. Really low apparently. And Tyler Shields is a good friend of his, is he not? He shouldn't have taken pictures of his good friend like that. Hope he stops surrounding himself with people that let him get away with posing like this and actually drinking. He actually said recently like a month ago that he was 2 weeks sober. So who knows anymore? Seems to always be changing. Hope he gets his life together before things get any worse. And by life, I don't mean "go get married". I mean, go to rehab or something again.

xlovecrazyx

love aj but this was very strange photo shoot and i was very sad as a fan to see the bottle the in his hand.

Frack_N_Bones_Trouble

Dear AJ~
I am a really big supporter of you most of the time. But I gotta say seeing these photos of you made me a little sad. I remember the first time you got out of rehab. You were so proud and feeling happy that you had concequered your demons. I am telling you from experience (not from alcoholism but from other issues) its a very hard thing to battle those demons on your own. Please for your own safety and sobritety dont go back there again. You have so much to live for and to be proud of. Remember its never a bad thing to ask for help. Best of luck in your recovery and remember whether you know it or not your story is an example to recovering alcoholics. Make them proud just like you make all the other BSB fans proud.

~ ♥ ~

Frack_N_Bones_Trouble

I am a really big supporter of AJ most of the time. But I gotta say seeing these photos of him made me a little sad. I remember the first time he got out of rehab. He were so proud and feeling happy that he had conquered his demons. I am telling you from experience (not from alcoholism but from other issues) its a very hard thing to battle those demons on your own. For his own safety and sobriety I hope he doesn't go back there again. He has so much to live for and to be proud of. Remember its never a bad thing to ask for help. I wish him the best of luck in his recovery and hope he remembers whether he knows it or not his story is an example to recovering alcoholics. He should start making them proud just like he made all the other BSB fans proud when he was sober

mistresscullen

wow, some of you are in a completely different world than me. I like the BSB too, but seriously? AJ - high profile? Maybe 10 years ago. Face it: the Backstreet Boys are not nearly as relevant as they used to be. Neither are *NSync, 98 degrees or any other boy band from that era either.

The pictures are tasteless, but not because he is a big time celebrity. They are tasteless because it's just not the right thing to do when you are preaching "sobriety."

And another point, I think that people need to lay off the celebrities a little bit as well. They can't all be role models. No one should look to Hollywood for a decent role model.

kk22

WTF? Those pictures are creepy as hell

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2